2009 Budget Nakeds Group Test

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gladis wins :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKVEzLJroLA&feature=channel"]YouTube - 2009 budget nakeds group test[/ame]

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at the SV 650 before I got the FZ. However, the FZ just felt better to me plus I liked the exhaust coming out under the seat instead of at your leg. I guess it is all about what you are looking for in a bike. For me the FZ is the best.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
....."A screw driver which we don't have with us"........

Look under the seat :spank:

Grommit, you thought Norman was a bad name, whats Gladis all about lol.

Nelly

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
What d1ckheads,between all those guy's(pro bike tester's)they couldnt find a screwdriver.I bet all the Jap bikes have one under the seat :rolleyes:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a wild bunch they had there! How can they call that a test? You got to beat em up to find out what they are made of...............I'm just sayin.......:rockon:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
The SV650 won every comparo I read about it when I was considering it. However, the real world riders (owners) weren't as happy with it as the FZ6 owners were. Less comfortable.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
A friend of mine just bought an 05 sv650 and he loves it. Ever since he got it a week ago all he can talk about is how he is gonna out ride me and all im gonna see is taillights when we go riding the forest ride next weekend. The forest ride is 26 miles of hills and turns. I cant wait till we go so i can knock that attitude right out of him. Just for information purposes this is my friends first sportbike, he has had nothing but harleys and yamaha cruisers. Ohh the excitement is killing me, i cant wait to see the look on his face when we get done riding.

v4rick

Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on how good a friend this is, you better either stay ahead of him (to avoid the crash altogether) or keep the ride slow and easy (to try and prevent one). The SV is a great handler (a close friend has one), but in the hands of an inexperienced rider, on winding roads and trying to prove something, a clean ride is not likely to occur. Ask anyone who's ridden the Tail of the Dragon - accidents DO happen. Hope this warning is not needed and all goes well.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
In 2007 Motorcycle Consumer News did a comparison of the SV650S to the FZ6 to the Ninja 650. The FZ6 won, but the SV had more power up to 9k rpm (I think) and was a little better in the twisties. Overall, the FZ6 beat the other two by a wide margin, but I certainly would not push it with your friend. ;-)