2008 Windscreen on a 2007?

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
I used a kitchen sponge to clean bugs off my windscreen this summer, and although I didn't use the scouring side, it still wrecked my screen with swirl marks. I can't see through it anymore. When I check RonAyers, there's no listing for the 07 part, but there is one for the 08. Wondering if anyone knows if it will fit, or where I can order the 07 OEM part. Thanks! :thumbup:

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
You rock, thanks for your help!!

On a side note, how do you like biker_dude43's dual headlight mod? I bought it from him earlier this year but never got around to installing it.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
You rock, thanks for your help!!

On a side note, how do you like biker_dude43's dual headlight mod? I bought it from him earlier this year but never got around to installing it.

Love it!!!:thumbup: It was all that and fries. His instructions were easy to follow, and the Mod itself is great.:thumbup::thumbup:

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I got it done on sunday last weekend when I got it from him... It went splendidly! From the time I took off the seat to the time I put it back on was roughly an hour to an hour and a half. It was really smooth... the only prob was getting everything (bat and air box) to fit perfectly again... but did it. DON'T HAVE ANY WORRIES ABOUT GETTING THIS MOD!!! IT'S relatively CHEAP, relatively EASY, AND DEFINITELY HELPS THE BIKE LOOK AS SEXY AS IT SHOULD!!!

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Being that the '08 and '07 ('09 for that matter too) are identical (save colour). You can safely assume what ever fits one of these years also fits the other years...

*Edit*... I have a stock '07 screen in perfect condition (maybe 100km on it) for sale if you are interested. PM me and we can talk...

Richard

Last edited:
S

SidewallPuncture

I used a kitchen sponge to clean bugs off my windscreen this summer, and although I didn't use the scouring side, it still wrecked my screen with swirl marks. I can't see through it anymore. When I check RonAyers, there's no listing for the 07 part, but there is one for the 08. Wondering if anyone knows if it will fit, or where I can order the 07 OEM part. Thanks! :thumbup:

now to prevent you trashing you new screen like the last....remember it's the bug parts and the dirt stuck to them that's doing the damage to your screen not the sponge....wet them thouroughly, soak with soap, soften their crusted little bodies and wet them more with water pressure and get 90% of them off before you start scrubbing.

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
Good tip, thanks! I was so pissed when I did that. Any ideas about getting minor swirls off the front fairing? I know there are some swirl-mark removers out there but I don't know anything about them or if they work on plastic.

chrishart39

Reaction score
Visit site