2008 Toy Run - attention SA FZ6 riders!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm easy:thumbup:lol. I wouldn't mind getting some pics of the bikes as they trek past so Marion road might be the go for that too.
Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are starting from the bay so if you guys arent tell us where to meet you.

I might join you at the Bay, Jules.....in for a penny, in for a pound!Am guessing it will pay to get to the Bay reasonably early????? And where is a good place to meet, if thaty exists, with so many people about????

Toy Run Newbie....that's me! :spank:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you're up with the sparrows, just head down Anzac Hwy, and you'll be put into the line of bikes. If we all want to kick-off together, it pays to meet up at a servo or something , then head to the bay together.

Last time I went, was parked right next to my mate, but as we left, got seperated, and I ended up meeting up with him on the freeway. It get's pretty hectic down there!!!

But yeah, I'm up for a start from the Bay, for sure.

Also, who-ever does the planning for motorbike events needs a kick up the backside... Superbikes at Mallala on the same day :(

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you're up with the sparrows, just head down Anzac Hwy, and you'll be put into the line of bikes. If we all want to kick-off together, it pays to meet up at a servo or something , then head to the bay together.

Last time I went, was parked right next to my mate, but as we left, got seperated, and I ended up meeting up with him on the freeway. It get's pretty hectic down there!!!

But yeah, I'm up for a start from the Bay, for sure.

Also, who-ever does the planning for motorbike events needs a kick up the backside... Superbikes at Mallala on the same day :(

Ok then, so what about meeting somewhere obvious like Mc Donalds on Anzac Highway, next to Morphettville Racecourse, then we can get Brekky too if we want to get there a bit earlier than leaving time.

I say 8.30am for Breakfast....make any sense???

And as for the Supers being on the same day, that just sucks! Unless we rode there after lunch...but am guessing that would be hard time wise???

:thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, Macca's at 8:30 sounds good to me.

Yeah, Steve at Maxi's said he'll probably go the Supers. He also mentioned a track day on the Saturday... think the superbikes will be doing qualies too!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, Macca's at 8:30 sounds good to me.

Yeah, Steve at Maxi's said he'll probably go the Supers. He also mentioned a track day on the Saturday... think the superbikes will be doing qualies too!!!

Maybe we could ride out to Mallala on the Saturday as well......Hmmmm:D

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was just having a read through the "Toy Run" thread at ridingSA ridingSA - Motorcycle resources and forums for South Australian riders , and it got me thinking. A meeting point that's not quite so "direct" into Glenelg might be a better option. Macca's at the racetrack will probably be packed. Maybe one out of the way would be a better place to meet up???

From ridingSA...

Some stats: Last year Vinnies (who distribute toys to other charities) estimate we raised in excess of $300,000 dollars worth of toys for needy kids. This is our 30th Toy Run. It is the largest Toy Run in the Southern Hemisphere and something like the 4th largest motorcycle procession in the world. Out of the estimated 37,500 registered motorcycles in SA it is believed that over 22,000 motorcycles have some involvement in our Toy Run! We also, now, have riders who tell us they would never have received a Christmas present without the help of the of the Toy Run, who ride in the Toy Run to make sure no child goes without!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was just having a read through the \"Toy Run\" thread at ridingSA ridingSA - Motorcycle resources and forums for South Australian riders , and it got me thinking. A meeting point that's not quite so \"direct\" into Glenelg might be a better option. Macca's at the racetrack will probably be packed. Maybe one out of the way would be a better place to meet up?? :)

Good point, i reckon in that case, it's gotta be Mc Donalds across the road from Castle Plaza on south road at Edwardstown......at 8.30am?

All good?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good point, i reckon in that case, it's gotta be Mc Donalds across the road from Castle Plaza on south road at Edwardstown......at 8.30am?

All good?

Yup, sounds like a better meeting place, then a quick blat down to the Bay.... Unless there's a Macca's at the top of Norton Summit Rd...lol

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, sounds like a better meeting place, then a quick blat down to the Bay.... Unless there's a Macca's at the top of Norton Summit Rd...lol

LOL!if mike could do anything about it, there would be a maccas at norton summit,just for us!don't be surprised if he comes to meet us via mclaren vale!

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
when we go we usually meet at kentuky at anzac right down the bottom, but havent gone for two years, but in the past wasnt too hectic. But for breaky maccas the go, and i have never seen it too busy on anzac.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL!if mike could do anything about it, there would be a maccas at norton summit,just for us!don't be surprised if he comes to meet us via mclaren vale!

Well, now that you mention it:thumbup:, the Maccas @ Castle plaza is strategically placed between Cross road and Oaklands/Springbank road:cheer:. Both of which connect up to twistys out of the hills:D...lol...there IS a very real chance that I will head there via Clarendon and Meadows, then to Crafers for the final decision of Upper Sturt onto Belair or Eagle on the hill. Tough decision I know....lol....Although I could go via Macclesfield and Mount Barker....AH whatever, it's all good.:rockon:
Oh, hang on. There's also the Greenhill road via Uraidla then across to the Eagle for the up run then down the hill via windy point...lol. Probably not the straightest way there but DEFINITELY the most fun:D. Of course the best way to get to Uraidla is via Lobethal...perhaps gorge road. Now how to get to gorge road without riding straight...lol...don't worry I'll get there...and most likely on time too...PMSL.
Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, now that you mention it:thumbup:, the Maccas @ Castle plaza is strategically placed between Cross road and Oaklands/Springbank road:cheer:. Both of which connect up to twistys out of the hills:D...lol...there IS a very real chance that I will head there via Clarendon and Meadows, then to Crafers for the final decision of Upper Sturt onto Belair or Eagle on the hill. Tough decision I know....lol....Although I could go via Macclesfield and Mount Barker....AH whatever, it's all good.:rockon:
Oh, hang on. There's also the Greenhill road via Uraidla then across to the Eagle for the up run then down the hill via windy point...lol. Probably not the straightest way there but DEFINITELY the most fun:D. Of course the best way to get to Uraidla is via Lobethal...perhaps gorge road. Now how to get to gorge road without riding straight...lol...don't worry I'll get there...and most likely on time too...PMSL.
Cheers
Mike

Mike....you are my inspiration.......Straight road dodger!!!!!! :rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know whether you've noticed but the tires on these bikes have a rounded profile. If you try to ride in a straight line you can tip over:eyebrow::shakehead:...lol...don't say I didn't warn you:D.:thumbup::rof::rof::rof::ban:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, what's everyone bringing as their toy on Sunday...i am in a quandery as to what to get....stuffed toy, and strap it to the front of the bike, with goggles on!?, A Kite, and fly it all the way there!? ....but seriously, am interested to know what everyone else is doing???

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think they give you an idea of age etc on the the site....I'll go have a look....hang on...lol

Am guessing an Underbelly DVD is a bit WRONG! :spank:

Stuffed Toys....works for all ages...but a bit like getting socks! :eek:

Can i get what my Mum always gets me....socks & jocks! :eek:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what the site had to say....I think they must get loads of bears and stuff, but struggle for the young teenagers...I'm thinking remote control helicopter or similar....and of course a bear to strap to the front:rockon:.

Entry to the oval is a toy or gold coin donation. St Vincent de Paul will be collecting the toys for distribution to needy kids. Please bring a toy for older children, games, books, sporting goods etc.