2008 Toy Run - attention SA FZ6 riders!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok,
Whilst having a chat with Ozzieboy, it reminded me that i have never been on a toy run! Neither has Ozzieboy!

Have always wanted to do it, but have never actually got round to it.

Now, an idea came out of this.....why not an SA FZ6 forum gathering, where we all ride it together.

Is a great cause, you get to hang out with lots of other bikes, see lots of nice bikes, and i might even get a sign made, that we can all get our photo taken with our bikes, then post the photo's in here.

The Toy Run in SA, is on Sunday December 14.

Here's the link to the toy run webpage, for more info

Motorcycle Riders Association of SA

Who's up for it?

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sheese that was quick:cheer:. Is your keyboard or mouse smoking?:rof:

Count me in for sure:thumbup:. Missed out every year due to maint of my bike:spank:.
Not this time:rockon:. From what I hear from an unremembered source the ride through the tunnel is an experience all by itself:rockon:
Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a great cause but after hearing a guy was killed in Medicine Hat a couple of weeks ago rear ending a female rider in front of him putting her into intensive care, that sealed it for me.

Ouch...

3000+ bikes is a lot of bikes, organisers would find it hard to keep them all at a safe distance from each other...toy runs, vintage bike & car rally's, etc, that i have witnessed in our part of the world, always seem to have participants well spaced apart.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I go every year since I have been in Adelaide,this year will be my 20th straight run,rain ,hail or shine.Lately I have been starting from the Cross rd /Marion Rd intersection , it gets way to crowded at Glenelg .We take the car down so the kids can see and get the lollies thrown to them from the bikes :D then I usually take off after about half have gone through.

Yes Ozzieboy the tunnel is an experience all by itself :thumbup:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeh we are in, normally do it but missed it last year. I start from the begining, and yeh its mayhem, but is great, girlfriend always enjoys.:thumbup:

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
How many bikes do you get for your Toy Run. Wolf seemed surprised by the 3000 mentioned earlier. Down here in Tassie we got over 5000. Not bad considering there is less than 500,000 people here. I suggest there was more because alot of guys rode through before the event to avoid parking hassles. I'll see if I can find an article to back tis up cause I could hardly believe it too.

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Toy Run List MRA Hobart Toyrun

O.K good I wasn't dreaming it there really was that many of us. Went last year but the day started quite badly. Some arse decided to put a knife through my tyre before the ride. Took four hours but I managed to get a new tyre and joined everyone for the main part.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup,Jules is right,usually between 15,000 and 20,000.

What 15.0000, to 20,0000 bikes...that's insane...didnt think we had that many bikes in Adelaide, let that many that would get off their butt and ride!

Are you sure?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I go every year since I have been in Adelaide,this year will be my 20th straight run,rain ,hail or shine.Lately I have been starting from the Cross rd /Marion Rd intersection , it gets way to crowded at Glenelg .We take the car down so the kids can see and get the lollies thrown to them from the bikes :D then I usually take off after about half have gone through.

Yes Ozzieboy the tunnel is an experience all by itself :thumbup:

Ahh! Maybe it was you I was talking to...lol...You may have been the unremembered source....lol....I think I'm getting senile:eek:. Who the heck was
I talking to?...:rof::don'tknow:
Cheers
Mike

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What 15.0000, to 20,0000 bikes...that's insane...didnt think we had that many bikes in Adelaide, let that many that would get off their butt and ride!

Are you sure?

I,m sure mate.The first ride I went on there was only 5,000 bikes and its just got bigger ever since.

I used to love it when I had the Kwaka with trailer,we could take chairs and esky and relax when we got there while everyone else had to sit on the ground.That was back in the days when it went to Woodside,much better IMO.

One year I was at the front of a group and Glenn Dix came over to talk to me , he was waving the start flag , top guy he is ,then a cop came over and said "it's not a race ,so take off nice and easy".
I looked at the guy next to me and said "He's kidding right".Then the flag dropped and all of us took off like a GP start ,was bloody great,glad I didn't see that cop again ,lol.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I,m sure mate.The first ride I went on there was only 5,000 bikes and its just got bigger ever since.

I used to love it when I had the Kwaka with trailer,we could take chairs and esky and relax when we got there while everyone else had to sit on the ground.That was back in the days when it went to Woodside,much better IMO.

One year I was at the front of a group and Glenn Dix came over to talk to me , he was waving the start flag , top guy he is ,then a cop came over and said \"it's not a race ,so take off nice and easy\".
I looked at the guy next to me and said \"He's kidding right\".Then the flag dropped and all of us took off like a GP start ,was bloody great,glad I didn't see that cop again ,lol.

Well it looks like i am in for a bit of an eye opener....that's one big event!

Cant wait, i'm up for GP style start, specially as i will have my -2 front sprocket fitted by then!

;)

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just watched that vid,near the end it shows a guy called Paul from Boltons ,thats Paul Cawthorne ,he sold me my FZ6 and he also sold me my GPZ way back in 1993 !

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just watched that vid,near the end it shows a guy called Paul from Boltons ,thats Paul Cawthorne ,he sold me my FZ6 and he also sold me my GPZ way back in 1993 !

Well that's a bit weird, another Boltons link....i know work with one of the Bolton Boys, who does a bit of security work on the side at a club i DJ at. Lovely guy, has a great bike, and he works in Accessories at Boltons, he is thinking of coming on our Great Ocean Ride, and i will see if he wants to do the Toy Run with us, when i see him....the more the merrier!

He also knows "Mad Gary"...z1000 "pilot" that always is way out in front on our rides! Am guessing Gary will hook up with us too for the toy run, oh, and my mate Matt, hopefully on his new MT-01, if he has bitten the bullet by then and sold his beloved TRX!

Found another FZ6 rider yesterday, he works at the local post office....nice, blue 07 faired model, gave him lots of info on this site....seemed keen, hopefully another SA boy to join our ranks...and maybe the toy run!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it was lonely on here last year, now we are gaining numbers its great.

Have got about 4 bike shops in Adelaide that sell FZ6's, now telling all the people that buy & service FZ6's with them, to check out this forum....

The more the merrier i reckon....far out before we know it, we may even be able to form some sort of FZ6 owners group for Oz...that would be cool...our own nationwide network!

:thumbup: