2008 rear seat cowl?

quick fz

Throttle Jockey!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if the tcp rear seat cowl will fit on an 08? the newest model they had listed was the 06.

If so anyone have any pics???

Z

zoomman

I'm also interested in getting one, but for an '06. I would like to get the one with the Yamaha decal, but the listing say's "may come with"??? WTF is that???

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered mine from Rideaddict, it has the Yamaha logo on it. Shipping takes a long time though, took about 4-5 weeks for me to recieve mine. I completely recommend it, completely changes the look of the bike.

Also I dont believe there were any changes made to the rear seat area that would cause an 06 cowl not to fit the 08, but someone else may want to verify, sorry no pics yet.

Another note. TCP Seat cowl will not fit with Yamaha Comfort seat, I had to revert back to the original seat, form over function I guess :).

:Sport:

Last edited:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered mine from Rideaddict, it has the Yamaha logo on it. Shipping takes a long time though, took about 4-5 weeks for me to recieve mine. I completely recommend it, completely changes the look of the bike.

Also I dont believe there were any changes made to the rear seat area that would cause an 06 cowl not to fit the 08, but someone else may want to verify, sorry no pics yet.

Another note. TCP Seat cowl will not fit with Yamaha Comfort seat, I had to revert back to the original seat, form over function I guess :).

:Sport:

How much was it with shipping?

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
How much was it with shipping?

Sorry, I'm not sure it was a Bday gift. It was some decent $$$ tho. They just happened to raise the price when my g/f ordered. I used to recall it was around 190 or something, now Rideaddict has it at $275! I dont think I would've bought it myself at that price...I feel bad she spent that much!

Then again...

...it is super sweet! :rockon:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i bought mine from EBAY, and had MAACO paint it for me. The price for the seat was $125, and had it painted for $50.

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wow.... you are seriously my savior. im deployed in iraq right now and these 2 websites you have mentioned have made me change my mind about getting a new bike. im now going to stick with my beautiful fz that already has a long mod list and make it naked and add some more much needed parts. just ordered a crap ton of parts for my fz haha i cant wait to get home and put them on. btw its going naked

Last edited:

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
i bought mine from EBAY, and had MAACO paint it for me. The price for the seat was $125, and had it painted for $50.

Is that the powerbronze one? Can you post a pic showing the front? I've seen it on e-bay but not sold on the look yet. How does it mount? The TCP looks the best, but I'd rather get those Ottimoto rearsets if I'm going to throw that kind of money around for a mod.