2008 Ninja 250

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the International Motorcycle show last Saturday and got to sit on the new Ninja 250. They have really dressed it up. A very nice looking bike. They said that they improved the gearing to make it more responsive at the lower rpms. My 16 year old son, who rides a 2006 Ninja, was trying his best to talk his mother and I into trading in his older Ninja and getting him the 08. I guess he thought he had a better chance of talking us into doing that than talking us into trading for the new 1400 Kawasaki! He pretty much has me convinced (for the 250), but I don't know if he will convince my wife. You see, if you look up the word "tightwad" in the dictionary, you will find a picture of my wife!!! In most cases this is a good thing, but when it comes to replacing something that "still works", my wife will resist. She refused to replace her cellphone until she could no longer get a new battery for it. When she showed the phone guy her old phone, he was amazed and said that he hadn't seen one of those in years! So, trying to up-grade anything in my house (motorcycles, TV's, etc...), becomes quite an ordeal! I really stay after the maintenance on her 02 Magna for her. I expect she will ride that bike until it literally falls apart. Now if something becomes unsafe, then she will replace it. I unsuccessfully argued that our old rear projection TV was not as safe as a new HD flat panel TV.:mad: Now if I can prove that the 08 Ninja is safer than his 06, then the battle will be a little easier. ;)

W

wrightme43

Better brakes, and better tires.
Much much much safer.

Downside, its probley cheaper to just fix up the brakes on the old ninja and add better tires.

LOL I want one too.

S

sportrider

the 08 Ninja is pretty bad!!! my wife was angry when after eight years of me trying to get her to ride, she gets a brand new 07 Ninja just to have the bike that has remained virtually unchanged for 20 years get a complete revamp the next year. So go for the 08 and be sure and think my wife for the updates because I'm positive that if we didn't by an 07 it would've never happened!!!:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I do agree that the new ninja is much better than the "old" one but as far as the newer 250cc bikes i think i might have to go with this one:
SalemBikeExpo1-26-08009.jpg

it is the same physical size as my wifes SV which is much more comfortable and still has all the good looks of the larger bikes.

Although i am not familiar with the make so i am not able to comment on the quality because of it.

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
having a 250 with real good race stickies would be awsome at the gap or a track. if i had money itd be real hard not to get one now and prep it for spring.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I do agree that the new ninja is much better than the "old" one but as far as the newer 250cc bikes i think i might have to go with this one:
SalemBikeExpo1-26-08009.jpg

it is the same physical size as my wifes SV which is much more comfortable and still has all the good looks of the larger bikes.

Although i am not familiar with the make so i am not able to comment on the quality because of it.

?????? Does anyone know anything about this bike?? It looks interesting.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw their bikes at a motorcycle show a few months ago. They were impressive looking, but I haven't heard much about them. If I remember right, I believe they were much less expensive than other bikes of the same cc.

I used to have the unfaired version of the bike. It was ok, brakes a bit dull, reliability fine. They look really good. Fine bike to learn on.

There is allot of snobbery in motorcycling I find; if you do not ride one of the big 4 manufacturers then it is not going to be very good, which of course is not necessarily so.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
There is allot of snobbery in motorcycling I find; if you do not ride one of the big 4 manufacturers then it is not going to be very good, which of course is not necessarily so.

Yes, sadly I too have noticed this.:(

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
heck if you dont ride a harley you're wasting your money. na they say it was the same way with jap bikes when they started. no one knew much about them and their parts availability was scarce compared. some continue the snobbery, alot have renounced it...then again the situation is different in terms of racing development of the big four. id buy one though, except the 250 is only a five speed, thats a big turn off. a 250 really needs to be a six speed.