2008 FZ6 Availability

flyer34

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got my license a couple weeks ago. I'm looking for my first bike, and the FZ6 looks absolutely perfect to me.

I really like the black 2008s. Does anybody know if the 2008s are available yet? Has anybody bought one, seen one? I've called a few dealerships, two of them told me it would be a few months, and the others just plain didn't know.

Thanks!

Zach

maybe because it is snowy and cold out and nobody but me is buying bikes this time of year but there are 10 shops up here in NE with the black 08' FZ6 available

I was trying to get an 08 last month and couldn't find one anywhere near me. All the dealers in this area said it would be at least Feb 08 before they could get any at all. I found some in Ohio, California and Washington, all too far for me. Wound up getting a 2007.

i caqn send you the list of dealers up here that say they have them online and you might be able to get one shipped

Hm, about how much would it cost to ship?

I've called several dealers in the region, and they've all told me that it would be mid-January at the earliest that they could have them in. I'm too excited to wait that long.

There's a local dealer that has a blue 2007. I like it, just not quite as much as the black. I think I can negotiate the price down on the 2007, too, which I probably won't be able to do with a 2008.

How much would it cost to get this bike repainted - with a good paint job? I don't know if I would really go to that extreme, though.

Thanks,

Zach

i see that u live in FLORIDA flyer, i will ask the stealer by me if they can get a o8 black, i will let u know by the weekend. if they ssay yes, i will let you know ASAP

Well, I went back this weekend all set on getting the blue one, and I was pretty excited. So you can imagine my reaction when the salesman went to the back to check on something and came back saying that they actually had a new 2008 Raven (black) crated up in the back! My jaw about hit the floor.

It ended up costing a few hundred dollars more, but it's the exact bike that I wanted and it looks fantastic. And yeah, it's a blast to ride, too.

However, when I gave the insurance companies the VIN, they came back with rates that were far more expensive than they quoted me. Geico's online quote system quoted me $480/yr with comprehensive/collision. When I gave them the VIN - $3200/yr. That's not a typo. When the lady asked if I wanted to continue with purchasing the policy, I had to restrain myself. I ended up with USAA, who I was planning on going with anyway, at $1000/yr, which is still double what they quoted me. What's the deal? Has the bike been reclassified as a sport/high-performance bike for 2008, although nothing but the colors have changed? Has anybody else who has bought a 2008 run into this?

Thanks!

Zach

i ran into it with my 07, i had been quoted about 600 a year 2 hours before heading to the dealership and when i got there and ran the vin off the bike it was 960/year. :confused: I think they quote low to make you exclude the other options so you will just buy the bike

Try State Farm.

:rant:Rant ON
God insurance companies are scum. Have you ever wondered why almost every congressman, or senator is a lawyer or a part of a insurance agency? Its because they like jamming things in your butt. They lie, they steal, and its all protected. One man steals $500 and he goes to jail for 2 years. Another man steals $5,000,000 and he resigns, and takes a $800,000 severance bonus.
Insurance companies are the worst. My agent actually told me I know more about how my insurance policy worked than she did. HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!

You know how come I learned stupid lady? Cause you all have screwed me in the butt untill I learned. Its still a scam. Oh how I hate them.
:rant: Rant off.

State farm is the best company available in this area for me. They are scum, but at least the scum that floats on top of the septic tank.

There are a couple of threads regarding the cost of insurance somewhere. You may want to do a search on this subject. Should give you a better idea on what everyone is paying around the country.

Try State Farm.

:rant:Rant ON
God insurance companies are scum. Have you ever wondered why almost every congressman, or senator is a lawyer or a part of a insurance agency? Its because they like jamming things in your butt. They lie, they steal, and its all protected. One man steals $500 and he goes to jail for 2 years. Another man steals $5,000,000 and he resigns, and takes a $800,000 severance bonus.
Insurance companies are the worst. My agent actually told me I know more about how my insurance policy worked than she did. HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!!

You know how come I learned stupid lady? Cause you all have screwed me in the butt untill I learned. Its still a scam. Oh how I hate them.
:rant: Rant off.

State farm is the best company available in this area for me. They are scum, but at least the scum that floats on top of the septic tank.

so how do you really feel? you should really try to let your feelings out and not hold back so much.

I agree though.

thats odd, i have the 07 in the FAST color(ok this fast color thing is a little plaid out) i called progressive and they quot me for basic insurance $13 a month, with full coverage, fir thrft yada yada i pay $50 month. So try progressive and see what they say.

thats odd, i have the 07 in the FAST color(ok this fast color thing is a little plaid out) i called progressive and they quot me for basic insurance $13 a month, with full coverage, fir thrft yada yada i pay $50 month. So try progressive and see what they say.

$3200/yr with comprehensive/collision.

Now they quoted me $460/yr before I gave them the VIN, but after they ran the VIN - $3200. I about passed out.

Although my new FZ6 is on the way, I now pay $216 a year for two (2) sportbikes (BI & PD). I guess it pays to be old with a good driving record! :rockon:

"Why in childhood and youth, do we wish time to pass so quickly?
... We want to grow up so fast.
Yet as adults, we wish just the opposite!"

$3200/yr with comprehensive/collision.

Now they quoted me $460/yr before I gave them the VIN, but after they ran the VIN - $3200. I about passed out.

Try Foremost or Dairyland. I had Foremost in California and here in Kentucky use Dairyland. Both were very good and both reasonable.

Try Foremost or Dairyland. I had Foremost in California and here in Kentucky use Dairyland. Both were very good and both reasonable.

You've got it! I'm with Foremost; hard (if not impossible) to beat the prices!:thumbup:

"Why in childhood and youth, do we wish time to pass so quickly?
... We want to grow up so fast.
Yet as adults, we wish just the opposite!"

Does anybody know if the 2008s are available yet? Has anybody bought one, seen one? I've called a few dealerships, two of them told me it would be a few months, and the others just plain didn't know.

Thanks!

Zach
One dealer in my area told me 'early spring'.

One other has a Cobalt Blue one sitting in the crate. He said he's not going to take it out of the box and put it on the floor until he sells the last of his '07 models... unless of course he has a customer ready to buy it and in that case he told me he can have it out for the weekend.

He also quoted me a price $1500 above MSRP, so I frustratingly told him I'd think about it and then promptly started calling other dealers. :mad:

All I can say is good luck.
-TK

Back