2007 Yamaha Fz6 (Boston, MA/RI)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is true. I take that back

Excellent - then perhaps you won't mind correcting those ****.... ^^ :thumbup:

We're a pretty friendly bunch, like to help, and will go out of way most of the time. Respect makes this possible...

Be patient and wait for the right one! Good luck!

thatguymike

Reaction score
Visit site
08 Yamaha fz6

that one has low miles and two brothers exhaust.. might be worth a look!!

That dumb mother****er doesn't know how to answer his phone. He probably sold it already but was too lazy to take it down.

I spoke to the seller a week or two ago, bike is sold.
I'm also looking for a '07+ as my first bike, in the CT/MA area. Looking for an '07+ because of the mapping and mainly the cluster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

K_Stone42

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in PA, and have an 07 with about 5,500 miles on it for $3,700. I know that's a bit of a drive, but let me know if ur interested. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got work and all this other stuff to balance out, also what if let's say I go there and the bike isn't what I expected, 6 hour drive for nothing, you know.

Ask all questions prior to committing to the trip. Make sure the seller knows what your expectations are and if it differs in person, the price will be different than what is agreed over the phone. A big part of this is feeling out who's on the other end and making sure you're comfortable with the whole situation.

I guess this falls into the greater the risk, the greater the reward category...and the beauty is you can calculate most of the risk beforehand.

You can spend months waiting for the bike you want at the price you want in the location you want. Or if you find what you want at the price you want (including transport costs) then it can totally pay off. At least this has been my experience.

I've bought my last 5+ bikes used and drove a considerable distance for each. Only one was not as described, but hey, it's a bike and correcting the issue wasn't a big deal. I feel like most major issues would be noticeable immediately on a bike (visual damage or unusual noises). Any small issues would likely go unnoticed, even when buying locally. See if you have any friends/family or places you want to go and see along the way so the trip isn't wasted in a worst case scenario.

Just my two cents. Do what you're comfortable with :thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea.. i can't comment on buying a used bike (except for being there when my cousin bought one, but it was a 80's cb360..) i would add to the above:

if it is a non-forum member and you still question, people close by on the forum could take a short trip than you and check it out for you. many would be more than willing to take a ride to look at a bike.. heck even for a fellow forum members bike, the same applies..

sucks that its all the way out there, but just ask some questions.. have them send you some video.. heck this is 2014, most people (i would guess) know how to do a walk around video with their phone and most phones shoot halfway decent vids.. if someone is not willing to do that to sell their pride and joy, they are not serious about selling and its junk and walk away..

if you are still worried about riding it back or even trucking it, i am in the center of CT and if you needed help on the way back. hey, i dont know you and you dont know me. but you seem really excited to get a fz6 and i would be more than happy to help you in that alone. I have had mine for almost 10 years if that says anything about how great these machines are.

if you dont see something you dont like or think isnt worth it, then wait. enough of these bikes come for sale and you'll find the one for you. have you checked out ebay and cycletrader? there are more places to find these gems and most are forum members so you will get a history (hopefully).

all in all, you'll get one. it is an amazing machine that can poke about like senior with a walker, but when you want to crank the throttle...forget about it.. it builds power in such a manageable way.. and the way it just drops into any line you want.. curves.. again, forget about it..
this is in NY
Yamaha FZ | eBay

this is in TX and probably totally worth it

wow ok.. i just looked at cycletrader and they have nothing...

2007 Yamaha FZ6

I have no idea where this place in MA is...
Yamaha 2005 FZ6

what price range were you looking for???

Last edited:

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ask all questions prior to committing to the trip. Make sure the seller knows what your expectations are and if it differs in person, the price will be different than what is agreed over the phone. A big part of this is feeling out who's on the other end and making sure you're comfortable with the whole situation.

I guess this falls into the greater the risk, the greater the reward category...and the beauty is you can calculate most of the risk beforehand.

You can spend months waiting for the bike you want at the price you want in the location you want. Or if you find what you want at the price you want (including transport costs) then it can totally pay off. At least this has been my experience.

I've bought my last 5+ bikes used and drove a considerable distance for each. Only one was not as described, but hey, it's a bike and correcting the issue wasn't a big deal. I feel like most major issues would be noticeable immediately on a bike (visual damage or unusual noises). Any small issues would likely go unnoticed, even when buying locally. See if you have any friends/family or places you want to go and see along the way so the trip isn't wasted in a worst case scenario.

Just my two cents. Do what you're comfortable with :thumbup:

+1, all very good points.

I just got work and all this other stuff to balance out, also what if let's say I go there and the bike isn't what I expected, 6 hour drive for nothing, you know.

Life Lesson: No Risk = No Reward. These bikes do come up for sale fairly regularly, somewhere. You will find one that is to your liking if you exercise a little patience. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
yea.. i can't comment on buying a used bike (except for being there when my cousin bought one, but it was a 80's cb360..) i would add to the above:

if it is a non-forum member and you still question, people close by on the forum could take a short trip than you and check it out for you. many would be more than willing to take a ride to look at a bike.. heck even for a fellow forum members bike, the same applies..

sucks that its all the way out there, but just ask some questions.. have them send you some video.. heck this is 2014, most people (i would guess) know how to do a walk around video with their phone and most phones shoot halfway decent vids.. if someone is not willing to do that to sell their pride and joy, they are not serious about selling and its junk and walk away..

if you are still worried about riding it back or even trucking it, i am in the center of CT and if you needed help on the way back. hey, i dont know you and you dont know me. but you seem really excited to get a fz6 and i would be more than happy to help you in that alone. I have had mine for almost 10 years if that says anything about how great these machines are.

if you dont see something you dont like or think isnt worth it, then wait. enough of these bikes come for sale and you'll find the one for you. have you checked out ebay and cycletrader? there are more places to find these gems and most are forum members so you will get a history (hopefully).

all in all, you'll get one. it is an amazing machine that can poke about like senior with a walker, but when you want to crank the throttle...forget about it.. it builds power in such a manageable way.. and the way it just drops into any line you want.. curves.. again, forget about it..
this is in NY
Yamaha FZ | eBay

this is in TX and probably totally worth it

wow ok.. i just looked at cycletrader and they have nothing...

2007 Yamaha FZ6

I have no idea where this place in MA is...
Yamaha 2005 FZ6

what price range were you looking for???

Thanks, I appreciate the help and enthusiasm to help. I am currently looking at a 2007 with roughly 6k miles for $3600. Hopefully all works out and I can get it home.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's hard but you have to have some patience. I found mine on Craigslist 4 years ago after watching the ads for 4 months. I finally found the right one. 20 miles from home, private repo, '08, 7,000 miles. Included a Corbin seat, Pazzo levers, and braided lines for $3600.
Hang in there....:thumbup:

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it's hard but you have to have some patience. I found mine on Craigslist 4 years ago after watching the ads for 4 months. I finally found the right one. 20 miles from home, private repo, '08, 7,000 miles. Included a Corbin seat, Pazzo levers, and braided lines for $3600.
Hang in there....:thumbup:

:eek: That sounds like a good deal.. an 08?! I'm gonna be payin 3600 for an 07 lol.

CNY Fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
My 04 is for sale. Probably 5 1/2 hours away

For Sale: 2004 Yamaha FZ6, 1 owner, babied and immaculately cared for. 9,000 miles, not a single issue. Stored inside. Fantastic do everything bike. Perfect condition, runs great. Motivational sliders, Corbin seat, K&N filter, and Cortech soft luggage. Synthetic oil since 1st year. $3,400.

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
My 04 is for sale. Probably 5 1/2 hours away

For Sale: 2004 Yamaha FZ6, 1 owner, babied and immaculately cared for. 9,000 miles, not a single issue. Stored inside. Fantastic do everything bike. Perfect condition, runs great. Motivational sliders, Corbin seat, K&N filter, and Cortech soft luggage. Synthetic oil since 1st year. $3,400.

Too far, sorry