2007 Fuel Pump

THeLightsAreOnBut

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Last year, I bought a wrecked 2007 FZ6 for a go-cart. The guy started and it ran the engine. Been in garage for about a year so I figured I should change fuel and run it for awhile.
I drained the fuel and put in about a 1/2 gallon. When I turn it on, the pump did not prime. so I went thru the fuel pump trouble shooting guide in the forum.

I do not have 12 v at fuel pump connector when I turn on the key. The engine cranks but will not start.

If I put some fuel into TB by removing air filter, the bike will run for a short while till fuel is burnt up.

questions: If for some reason the Inhibitor is tripped, will it stop the fuel pump from running but allow bike to start if fuel is manually squirted into throttle body?
I only put about 1/2 gallon in the tank and it is flashing low (flashing 1 bar) for fuel, will that stop pump pump from running to prevent it from burning up?

I have not checked the relays yet, from what I been reading there is a fuel relay and a tilt relay located under the left cover. guessing they are the 2 smaller relays. mounted side by side. There appears to be a larger 3rd relay under the cover also.

Mean time, I removed the tank and pulled the fuel pump. I'm guessing I let it set too long, appears the pump is locked. if I jump it with a battery it only click and doesn't seem to spin. I've filled it with seafoam and been jogging it forward and reverse (reversing polarity) Hoping it will break free and spin.

Not sure if the pump is suppose to free spin, when I turn the key on my other 2 bikes (Kaw Mean Streak and FJ 1200) the pump will rapidly click til pressured up or time out.
Is the pump suppose to free spin if 12V is directly applied?

Seems extreme for a fuel pump to be $500 bucks. Can a guy just replace the pump inside the plastic housing?
Should be able to get the pump for under $100..... thought I read somewhere only 2.3 PSI pump

I'd greatly appreciate your guys input. Would like to start on a go-cart but want to get motor running first.

Attached is pic of how I'm jumping fuel pump.

fuel pump2.jpg

Best regards
Allen

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pump should run from 12v. As you found, its locked and stopping the show.

Fleebay: denso yamaha pump motor and grab the motor for $50...

You're on the right track, get the pump running and you're set!

THeLightsAreOnBut

Reaction score
Visit site
None of the pumps that show up on Ebay are Denso compatible. the compatibility show only cars.
The off brand pumps that show up and show they are compatible look different on the pressure side. show hose barbs.
Granted it is only a picture but I hate ordering wrong part.

Denso website when you click on motorcycle parts just spins in circles.
I fat fingered the year, it is a 2004 not 2007 but compatibility charts says all the same

The only # on pump is 198C no brand name and Denso 198c does not come up anywhere.

Do you happen to have a part number?

Pump should run from 12v. As you found, its locked and stopping the show.

Fleebay: denso yamaha pump motor and grab the motor for $50...

You're on the right track, get the pump running and you're set!