2006 Yamaha FZ6 $4300

BuickNick72

Reaction score
Visit site
2006 Yamaha FZ6 *NOW $3700*

I am selling my FZ6 so I can buy a KLR650, I want to go more off-road. Bike is in Milford CT. It is registered/insured so it can be delivered within a few hours of CT.

Here is my Craigslist ad - 2006 Yamaha FZ6

Best to email me at [email protected], I check email everyday, might not check this site everyday.

Thanks!
Nick

Last edited:

BuickNick72

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: 2006 Yamaha FZ6 $4000

This bike is still up for sale- Price is now $4000. Bike is located in Milford, CT. I may be able to assist in transport within New England. I already bought a KLR650 and transferred the plate/insurance, so it is no longer registered.

Digital Speedometer, Fuel Gauge with low fuel warning, fuel injection = no messing with chokes, perfect cold weather starting and drive ability. This bike is good for a beginner and capable enough for an experienced rider. 40MPG during my day to day routine, 50+ on highway/backroad riding.

This bike is "high mileage" at 26k, but would a car with 26k worry you? This bike has never been raced or beaten on. It was used as a daily commuter and a tourer. This bike has been to Vermont many times, seen the top of Mt. Washington rode thru the Catskills, went as far west as Kansas, road the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap twice, and been up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway.

New spark plugs ($30), new battery($100), just did valve clearance service(required at 26k), front tire has a few hundred miles on it, back tire has about 1000 miles on it. It starts perfect and runs like new. This bike has NEVER had any problems.

Bike has never been dropped while driving. The bike was dropped once while pushing it in the driveway and once going about 5 MPH in mud and it slipped out. The plastics that cracked were repaired with fiberglass but not painted. It is a solid repair and not very noticeable. There are various little scratches that would be expected with a bike that is actually driven.

Changes from stock-
Painted rear grab bar and rear fender gloss black (factory is unpainted flat black plastic.)
Installed Yamaha aftermarket chin spoiler.
Fender eliminator kit to clean up the back.
The center stand was also removed for a cleaner look, it can be put back in place in seconds to lift the bike when needed.
The noise reducing snorkel on the air box was removed for a little more aggressive sound. It is still quite with the factory exhaust, but no longer sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Also included is a HJC helmet that is the same color as the bike. I am including the helmet as a freebie, so if you don't want it, it does not change the asking price, simply i will have no need for a metallic red helmet!

SSPX0599.jpg

SSPX0601.jpg

SSPX0608.jpg

SSPX0612.jpg

SSPX0613.jpg

someone08

Reaction score
Visit site
if you are thinking of some off road riding there might be some better options than the KLR, but they are the most road oriented enduro. i say this because my brother has an enduroed XR 650R, and it is amazing, but ride a klr before you buy one because they are heavy.

BuickNick72

Reaction score
Visit site
This bike is still for sale, price is reduced to $4000, I need to sell!!!

Someone08 - I did plenty of research before picking the KLR. The Honda is more off road oriented. I was looking more for an "Adventure Bike", which the KLR is better suited for. It is a bit heavy, but at 6'2" 220 pounds I was tossin the KLR around when I took it on some nasty off road trails.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
dude, not trying to insult you, honestly I'm not.....
I'd say for an '06 with 26K miles and unrepaired road rash
you're at least a grand too high, but good luck with the sale

PS, I'm basing this opinion on my > 2 months of shopping for a used FZ6

BuickNick72

Reaction score
Visit site
No insult taken, but the "unrepaired road rash" is actually repaired non-speed drop damage. It is simply a not painted repair, but the repair is solid, and not very noticeable. Besides, the front cowling and two side pieces can be purchased painted for $564, the damage to the cowling is mostly behind one side panel, so for $152 to replace just the side panels the damage would be very unnoticeable.

A grand too much? I haven't seen many FZ6's for under $4000, unless they had issues. This is "high mileage", but it's all touring/commuting mileage, not weekend rampage miles. And has no issues, new plugs, near new tires, new battery, valve adjustment, zero smoke out the tailpipe, starts and run the same way it did when I bought it.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a KLR isnt nearly as good off road as its honda and suzuki counter parts. the amount of modding you have to do to make it a good off-roader is silly.

get a DRZ-650 or honda 650 (i think they make a 650) instead. I forget the designation on the honda. But the honda is the most off-road worthy of all of them. The drz is still decent to ride on road too but still has very good off-road.

the KLR is top heavy and a clunker in general for off-road.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
No insult taken, but the "unrepaired road rash" is actually repaired non-speed drop damage. It is simply a not painted repair, but the repair is solid, and not very noticeable. Besides, the front cowling and two side pieces can be purchased painted for $564, the damage to the cowling is mostly behind one side panel, so for $152 to replace just the side panels the damage would be very unnoticeable.

A grand too much? I haven't seen many FZ6's for under $4000, unless they had issues. This is "high mileage", but it's all touring/commuting mileage, not weekend rampage miles. And has no issues, new plugs, near new tires, new battery, valve adjustment, zero smoke out the tailpipe, starts and run the same way it did when I bought it.

the nature of the mileage is only significant to you, buyers will only register the 26K

for a repair that cheap, it would help sell the bike faster if you did it and
removed the negative information from the listing and photos

and again, good luck, look at the free bumps your getting :D

BuickNick72

Reaction score
Visit site
New off-season price $3700.

Lonesoldier84 - I bought the KLR for a touring/offroading combination, and is the best suited for that of the 3 Japanese 650 dualsports. The KLR is heavy and a lot to handle off road, but I'm tall and strong enough to throw it around. I've had it thru some nasty stuff without much problems.

macem29- Good point about mileage. Although for a modern bike with a water cooled engine 26k is really nothing. The engine runs as smooth as it did when it was new, and the rest of the bike feels the same. Seems nothing is really selling these days.