2005 YZF600r (aka Thundercat) a good deal?

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I was just checking a local motorcycle dealership's used motorcycle inventory and I found a nice 2005 Yamaha YZF600R (or Thundercat) with a little bit less than 700 miles. KBB says its worth about 4620 in pristine condition. Dealership quoted me for $5950. What would be a good offer?? Has anyone ever ridden one before? If so is it a good bike?

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
Before I decided on the FZ6, I was going to buy one of those. I heard many good things about how comfortable and smooth those bikes are. They even make good touring bikes I hear. I just wanted something with a few more modern features. I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you get one! BTW, My local dealer has an '07 and is asking $6299.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're not getting rid of the FZ, why would you want it? It's really similar to the FZ you already have.

Never ridden one but the bike has a great rep. $5950 is too high...even OTD.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they are great bikes, i had one before the FZ. very smooth, very comfortable, and very reliable. Also heavier than the FZ and not fuel injected, so it is not as responsive.

I prefer the FZ, but loved every minute that i spent on my 35000 miles on the YZF600R over 2 and a half years.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah, way too much for the bike even OTD.

I would say 4000 OTD is worth it. the bike is only 7000 new, that one it 4 years old now...

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're not getting rid of the FZ, why would you want it? It's really similar to the FZ you already have.

Never ridden one but the bike has a great rep. $5950 is too high...even OTD.

My FZ6 was involved in an accident and it is most likely totalled. I really liked the FZ, heck I even found a nice used one with low miles (same year and same fast color too :D), but I am considering other motorcycles. The Thundercat was my first choice before I discovered the FZ6.