2005 vs 2006 Rear Wheel

rmg471

Reaction score
Visit site
Somehow I managed to crack the rear wheel on my 2006 fz6. The rear wheel's part number is 5SL Yamaha Y-4. I have found a used rear wheel off of a 2005 fz6, part number 5SL Yamaha Y-2.

They look the same and have the same rear tire size. Will the 2005 rear wheel fit the 2006?

Guys, I really appreciate the input. I feel like garbage. I've done this dozens of times and now I goof up :/.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Other than the colors - all rear wheels interchange. So, if it looks OK and its fair price, go for it.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, guys. It's shipping to me today.

Be sure to clean and grease the bearing #4 as its very easy to knock debris into it as its NOT a sealed bearing like the others. Also, verify the roller bearing on the other side turns smooth by pressing on it and spinning it with as much pressure as you can apply by hand. There should be NO catches or roughness.

If in doubt about either bearing, replace them!!!!

Verify ALL parts are present when being assembled!
S2 Model Shown, wheel parts are the same...
rearwheel.gif

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you crack the rim while changing tire?
I have a new front tire that's waiting for installation, i wonder if i can fit it by myself. I don't know. I've done the front tire of my little Virago 250. But it had inner tube.

rmg471

Reaction score
Visit site
I did it while changing the tire, yes. It took 2 guys to get the tires changed. The problem is that they are low profile tires and its hard to break the bead. If I had it to do over again, I'd have it done by a shop.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I did it while changing the tire, yes. It took 2 guys to get the tires changed. The problem is that they are low profile tires and its hard to break the bead. If I had it to do over again, I'd have it done by a shop.

Watched 2 guys fight my tire on yesterday. Well not really the ON part, but once it popped on, the stem index dot was off 90° and the guy pumped a gallon of slime all over the sidewall and had a helper over to try and rotate the tire on the wheel for proper alignment. There was some :mad::Flip::Flip::Flip::mad: going on!

Then he told me I overheated the carcass and that was why he couldn't break the old tire free of the rim.... :rolleyes: Saying I left it on there too long! Hmmmm.... It was a fight for him all along. First time I'd had this shop mount a tire. $25.00 off bike FWIW....

^^ Perhaps the last guy pumped a bunch of junk in there and that caused this guys issues too??? IDK!