Reaction score
Visit site
I thought you meant another motorcycle... what a let down :ban:

Just kidding of course congratulations to you and your family

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
That's AWESOME!!! So glad mom and Clara are doing well. (Get used to that "tired" feeling!!!) :D
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys!

A good friend of mine back in France had a baby 2 weeks ago as well... he is still on paid vacation for 3 more weeks (French law allows for 3-6 weeks off depending on the circumstances...)... 2 days after my baby arrives, I am back at work already!!! bastard french ppl! :)

on a side note, Clara seems much calmer than her older sister was when she was born... hopefully she stays that way because else we will have 6-8 months of very very little sleep :D

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A good friend of mine back in France had a baby 2 weeks ago as well... he is still on paid vacation for 3 more weeks (French law allows for 3-6 weeks off depending on the circumstances...)... 2 days after my baby arrives, I am back at work already!!! bastard french ppl! :)

Since you live in CA, you are entitled 6 weeks of paid leave in the next 12 months if your employer participates in the CA State Disability program (likely they do unless a government agency). Check it out. Take that French people!!

FAQs for Paid Family Leave

I didn't know about this when my first one came, so I missed out, but I'm for sure going to take full advantage when our second comes this December.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah I had looked into this in details for my 1st one, and for my situation with my company, it turned out to be:

- 1 week paid at 50%
- eligible for 5 more weeks, but unpaid
- requires some heavy paperwork to be done long in advance with lots of conditions...

Considering that my company has already planned 4 weeks of forced unpaid shutdowns in the next 6months, and that my wife doesn't work anymore I can't afford any more $$ losses at this point...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:cheer:...Congratulations David....:cheer:

Best wishes to Mrs Wavex too

Our second was much quieter than the first, hope you have the same luck :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats!!! Welcome to the baby club, get used to making stupid voices and smiling when your baby does nothing at all to make you smile other than exist.