1st road kill today

Sorry Kenny, I guess I should have been more detailed in the explanation of the incident for those riders who are relatively new riding and take everything posted here literally.

So see if this is better:
Riding along on one of my favorite twisty roads, I encountered a ground squirrel darting across the road. Not wanting to hit it if at all avoidable without changing my line or losing control over my bike, I quickly and judiciously applied my front brake with the one finger that I always have covering the front brake lever. Since I have stainless lines and Pazzo levers I can apply significant braking with the one finger without locking up the front wheel, this comes from years of riding both on and off the track. Once I realized in the .27 seconds before impact that it was unavoidable, I grimaced (with my eyes still open) and mowed the sucker down. :D

Lefty, I do believe you are of Presidential quality. That is one smooth spin on the situation. :bow:

"mowed that sucker down" :rof::rof::rof:

I find it's a two-step procedure to avoid those critters. When it first begins its dart across, reduce speed. Then as it---everytime---reverses course to the side from where it started, I don't immediately resume original speed. Instead, I wait another split second because this is when it will quickly pop back and dash across the road. The squirrel does a "two-step" crossing. Later in the day, if there's a roadkill cafe up the road and I'm hungry, I always order the "Combo plate" off the menu.

I find it's a two-step procedure to avoid those critters. When it first begins its dart across, reduce speed. Then as it---everytime---reverses course to the side from where it started, I don't immediately resume original speed. Instead, I wait another split second because this is when it will quickly pop back and dash across the road. The squirrel does a "two-step" crossing. Later in the day, if there's a roadkill cafe up the road and I'm hungry, I always order the "Combo plate" off the menu.

Hilarious!!!:rof::rof::rof:

I'll have what he's having.....^^^^^^^:eek:^^^^^^

Hilarious!!!:rof::rof::rof:

I'll have what he's having.....^^^^^^^:eek:^^^^^^
Too funny. Don't forget to inquire about the Special of the Day! I'm not sure but I think "Flo," that Progressive Insurance TV character, once worked as a waitress in a roadkill cafe.

Back