170 CCamp battery for FZ6?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed some replacement batteries have only 170 CCamps while the Yuasa OEM has 220 CCamps.

Anybody riding around on a 170 CCamp battery? Geesh, I think I'll spend the extra for Yuasa since it's 220 CCamps. Lots more expensive, though.

I'm willing to buy Motobatt brand next time. It costs aorund $70, Do you have any experience with this brand?

I ended up buying a clearance-priced ($25) Walmart battery. My OEM lasted since purchase in Nov 2006!

Update March, 2016: Wrong battery! Walmart doesn't even carry correct size. Ordering OEM today.

I don't think the Yuasa OEM is 220 CCA as Amazon states. I found it on another site stating 170 CCA or so.

Last edited:
I ended up buying a clearance-priced ($25) Walmart battery. My OEM lasted since purchase in Nov 2006!

.https://www.batterylookup.com/WalMart/EverStart_ES12BS

I don't think the Yuasa OEM is 220 CCA as Amazon states. I found it on another site stating 170 CCA or so.

True - 8 years from my OEM Yuasa battery.

On that note; the original GT12 seems to have several ratings. One observation is this; the oem with 10 Amp/hr rating has higher CCA than most all of the FFF batteries offering 12Amp/hr output. So you folks in cold climates may want the 10A/hr version...

FFF - form fit function
Also "-B" or "-BS" added to the PN means they ship dry and you add fluid and charge.

Mine is a 2009 fz6 and it had a 170cca stock. I took out the battery box and was able to fit a 180 in as it was bigger but i only paid $45 for it.

Back