15T Countershaft installed... FINALLY!

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Needed to hide from Mrs. Ready for stealing her best hair dryer to remove decals last night... My Ninja 500 buddy came to my shop to have his chain broken for a -6 rear sprocket, so I thought I would slip on my 15T c/s as well. Should have done this mod 1st! The bike now takes off smoothly, accelerates much faster + shifting is smoother as well. Speedo is WAY off- looking for SpeedoHealer with a vengeance now! Rode through town to check response- thumbs up! Will get highway info on the way to work tomarrow. For now- really happy! :rockon:

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Roger that! I'll probably ride the wheels off the bike before it's all over (resale value means nada to me), but I want to know how far I've been! I go 81 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. Speedohealer should happen this week! :cheer:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Roger that! I'll probably ride the wheels off the bike before it's all over (resale value means nada to me), but I want to know how far I've been! I go 81 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. Speedohealer should happen this week! :cheer:
Sorry should have asked earlier. Did you replace the locking washer or just re bend it?

Nelly

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry should have asked earlier. Did you replace the locking washer or just re bend it?

I re-used the thick OEM lock (split) washer. I torqued the sprocket on with an air impact, with the bike in 1st gear. Afterward, I realized that wasn't very smart of me... Probably should have mounted everything up, and used a properly set up torque wrench. Do you perhaps mean a thin washer that is driven around the side of a mounting nut? I've seen this set-up on a lot of c/s sprockets, but mine did not have one. The nut was factory locktited, BTW. I hope this helps to answer your question?