PC3 Custom Tuned Dyno Results

mdr

Reaction score
Visit site
onetrack: yes, GSXRs do have an adjustable shift light. I suspect it's of more use at the drag strip than track ... and could even be a distraction on public roads. I never bothered to set mine (they're off by default).

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
EDIT - I've ridden the bike about 65 miles over the past couple of days. Start up at clean, once the bike is warm, about 165 to 175 degrees it is very smooth. Normal riding around town is much smoother, the on/off that the bike sometimes has is gone. Mid-range roll ons are GREAT! The little FZ snaps now! No its not a GSXR1000, but its go some get up and go from 5,000 and up. 6,000 to 8,000 really pulls hard, like it always has but even better now. There is very little hesitation, you twist the throttle and it responds. The neutral throttle hesitation is much better, it ain't smoothbores, but much better than stock.

I visited the super top secret Hellgate uber-super speedway for some late night roll-on testing. I did a top gear roll-on from 70 mph and was up to 140 before I knew it. Very smooth and strong pull. I did a couple to 70 mph, kick it down 2 gears and hit it runs, up to 110 in a blink of an eye! This thing moves.

I'll report back in a couple of tanks how the mileage is doing, should go up.

Overall I'm very happy and would highly recommend this mod.

If you would like a copy of the map just PM with your email and I'll send it to you. I honestly don't think the brand of aftermarket exhaust will make any real difference. They are all a slip on and pretty much do the same thing.

End EDIT -

Although my FZ6 is an 06 model, I'd like to compare your MAP with the Dynojet MAP that I installed in my PCIII. (PM sent :) )
JOOC, does your bike pop/backfire as much with the new MAP on decel/downshifts?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
onetrack: yes, GSXRs do have an adjustable shift light. I suspect it's of more use at the drag strip than track ... and could even be a distraction on public roads. I never bothered to set mine (they're off by default).

Thanks! I was wondering what my son's brother-in-law was talking about the other day when he was breaking his new GSX-R1000 in by using his "shift light".
I agree that it could be a distraction on public roads. The less one takes one's eyes off the road the better. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Although my FZ6 is an 06 model, I'd like to compare your MAP with the Dynojet MAP that I installed in my PCIII. (PM sent :) )
JOOC, does your bike pop/backfire as much with the new MAP on decel/downshifts?

It doesn't pop at all, more of a burble on decel really. I think most of that is the echo from the mufflers.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually interested to see how your plugs look after several hundred miles too. Did they give you any info on the A/Fr's you were running before and are running now? I'm really anxious to get a PCIII and try out your map but I'm just still, cautious I guess would be the word...Probably just because I don't know much about how the whole tuning works with our fuel injection. I mean I know how it works, just there isn't much to research about it yet since nobody has done much yet. But thanks to you, more information is getting out there!!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually interested to see how your plugs look after several hundred miles too. Did they give you any info on the A/Fr's you were running before and are running now? I'm really anxious to get a PCIII and try out your map but I'm just still, cautious I guess would be the word...Probably just because I don't know much about how the whole tuning works with our fuel injection. I mean I know how it works, just there isn't much to research about it yet since nobody has done much yet. But thanks to you, more information is getting out there!!!!

Good questions. I'll pull the plugs and look in a few weeks. I suspect they will be a nice tan color.

No they didn't list a traditional Air/Fuel ratio, like a 12:1, or 14:1. They look more at the hydrocarbons and the carbonmonoxide levels, those are tracked on the bottom graph. The higher the level, the higher the plot. So you can compare the difference between the two. The final map produces much less of either one so the assumption is less fuel is being consumed, eg: leaner.

From what I was told, one of the problems with our exhaust is it is very difficult to get a probe deep enough inside of it to get a good reading.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good questions. I'll pull the plugs and look in a few weeks. I suspect they will be a nice tan color.

No they didn't list a traditional Air/Fuel ratio, like a 12:1, or 14:1. They look more at the hydrocarbons and the carbonmonoxide levels, those are tracked on the bottom graph. The higher the level, the higher the plot. So you can compare the difference between the two. The final map produces much less of either one so the assumption is less fuel is being consumed, eg: leaner.

From what I was told, one of the problems with our exhaust is it is very difficult to get a probe deep enough inside of it to get a good reading.

So they didn't hook up anything to your 02 sensor and read that or anything? They just read what came out the pipes after the cat? Sorry, I'm just learning about this kind of method. I guess my concern would be that I don't really care how well my cat burns, I just care about not running the engine too lean. And I know, running it too rich also is bad.

Thank you for your response and I'm looking forward to your long term results!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So they didn't hook up anything to your 02 sensor and read that or anything? They just read what came out the pipes after the cat? Sorry, I'm just learning about this kind of method. I guess my concern would be that I don't really care how well my cat burns, I just care about not running the engine too lean. And I know, running it too rich also is bad.

Perhaps someone who is a mechanic can chime in?

Thank you for your response and I'm looking forward to your long term results!

They use what is called a 4 Gas EGA device, it is a "mass spectrometer" device (I am WAY over my head here). I assume, very big assume here, that it is "like" and infared device like beam thingie that analyzies the "exhaust mass" emitting from the exhaust system. "Anyone, anyone, Bueller?"

Here's another link about Lambda vs. 4-Gas. 4-Gas is more accurate and gives a greater level of insight to how the engine is running.

Attached is a brochure from Factory Pro Tuning Center who makes the 4-Gas, it explains it a bit better.

wideband o2 sensor vs 4 gas EGA tuning

More stuff from Factory Pro Tuning on DynoJet vs. the Eddy Current Dyno, true dyno HP vs. DynoJet HP: TRUEHP.COM

Here's the link to AF1's dyno page: AF1 Racing - Aprilia Sales, Parts, Service, Racing, and Dyno Tuning - New Braunfels, TX - Call 877.626.3966

Full throttle step tests done at specific RPM increments to measure true maximum HP and Torque steady state with 4-gas EGA.
Diagnostic steady-state step tests at various 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10% throttle openings and at various RPM data points with 4-gas EGA. These tests simulate real-world medium to light engine loads, part throttle cruise, and off-idle responses.
Idle mixture analysis with 4-gas EGA. Test will show how to improve idle quality.
Printouts of data. All your data is archived with us for comparison to future runs.
Interpretation of the results and suggestions for improvement

The 4-gas EGA measures %CO, %CO2, HC (ppm), and %O2. Using a 4-gas EGA and not a Lambda (A/F) sensor is the most accurate way of collecting exhaust gas data. We have the only dynamometer in Central Texas that can do this.

We will analyze your results, and show you what we can do to improve your throttle response and gain horsepower. Session takes about 30-45 min, and an appointment is necessary. Same-day appointments available in most cases for this service.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
EDIT Bump 2 - More Info on 4-Gas vs. Lambda tuning, see my last post on this thread, good stuff...

lasermax

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats with the low mid high buttons on the pc3, and how do you use em when the module is on the bike? Can you use em to adjust? I haven't found anything on em in the instructions.:confused:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whats with the low mid high buttons on the pc3, and how do you use em when the module is on the bike? Can you use em to adjust? I haven't found anything on em in the instructions.:confused:

The low, mid and high buttons are general tuning buttons, not specific tuning controls. Go the the PC3 web site and you can download the instructions. Somewhere in there they talk about the buttons.