1000 miles!!!!

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
I know no one will be as excited as me for this but I just hit 1000 miles yesterday morning when riding into work on the new bike. I even went in late just to get those last few miles until it rolled to 1000. You should have seen the look I got from the GF when I told her I hit 1000 but was late to work :D oops:spank:. Oh well she was only mad for a minute since I brought her girl scout cookies.

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Great, now you can redline the hell out of it! :D

J/k be gentle with your baby :)
That is exactly what made me happy I can ride it without that nagging voice saying the manual says no prolonged operation above 8.4k from 600-1000 miles and I love running her through the canyons at 8k+ especially since I put the two bros on she sounds beastly

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
lets see based on my bought the bike on feb 6 so that is two months of riding the new bike I have put 1000 miles on it which is 500 a month. Which is sad it should be higher not enough weekend riding and long ways home from work:spank::spank:. At that rate I will reach 50,000 miles in about 98 months or 8.17 years:jawdrop:. I bet I can do it in half that at least

So right after I typed this Thousand Oaks Powersports (place i bought the bike) called me to say based on when I brought it in for my 600 mile service I should be right around 1000 miles and they just wanted to make sure everything was still working the way it should. I like that personal touch from a business.

Last edited:

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, well done. It will just get batter from here out! I did 10,000 on mine since November and we even had snow here in London for a few weeks. Been loving the spring weather now. Bet your weekly mileage jumps up pretty soon.:rockon:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Congrats! I just rolled 28,000 on the way back from Florida a couple weeks back.

Wind her up and let her sing!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Making me want to ride!!!!!!!!!!!

"I want to ride; I want to ride; I want to riiiiiide!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLUBXqSCT0I&feature=related]YouTube - I Wanna Ride! Holiday[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2bStRjITQ&feature=related]YouTube - I Wanna Ride[/ame]

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lets see based on my bought the bike on feb 6 so that is two months of riding the new bike I have put 1000 miles on it which is 500 a month. Which is sad it should be higher not enough weekend riding and long ways home from work:spank::spank:. At that rate I will reach 50,000 miles in about 98 months or 8.17 years:jawdrop:. I bet I can do it in half that at least

That was a fun milestone for me too. Didn't think to take a pic though. Is this your second FZ6?

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
That was a fun milestone for me too. Didn't think to take a pic though. Is this your second FZ6?

Yea it is my second FZ6. The first I put 18,000 miles on in 2 years. The reason I sold it was the bike kept stalling when I pulled in the clutch even when shifting after freeway speeds. That forced me to learn to preload before shifting to avoid stalling.

To fix it the throttle bodies where synced 3x and the tps sensor was replaced 4x. It would always work properly for a couple weeks after this work was done. I also had the the whole throttle system inspected, drained the bike of fluids per dealer recommendation and replaced the battery. I got fed up with it not getting fixed so I tossed it up to being a lemon FZ and decided to trade it into the dealer with full disclosure of the problem. I only lost $500 on trade in $1700 trade $2200 original purchase.

I spoke with the dealer a couple weeks after the trade they said they replaced the tps sensor and resynced the throttle bodies and it was working I chuckled and said give it a month.