-1 up front. speedo errors.

oldschoolsdime92

Reaction score
Visit site
I geared my buddies fz6 down -1 up front, and his speedo is off considerably now. What products are you guys using to correct this? He does not have a pc3 or anything along those lines. Is there anything that can adjust the speedo without having a power commander or any other sort of "tuner" Thanks in advance.

Hi Karen, just wondering if you know much about the gear indicator that healtech have? and did you buy through the company in Marochydore? and did you wire it in yourself or get an auto elec to do it? I am a bit daunted by todays auto electrics and don't want to fry anything
thanks in advance

Hi Karen, just wondering if you know much about the gear indicator that healtech have? and did you buy through the company in Marochydore? and did you wire it in yourself or get an auto elec to do it? I am a bit daunted by todays auto electrics and don't want to fry anything
thanks in advance

Speedo healer was bought 2nd hand from a forum member but my hubby did buy the gear indicator from them in Queensland.

We wired them in ourselves - was actually quite easy. There are quite a few How To's on the forum showing how it's done. It's not that hard at all :) The instructions they give are pretty good.

The speedohealer has a top speed plug/button that record your top speed at any given time. You can re-set it as well..

I have my speedohealer set dead on per the GPS.. Great unit.

I've had mine for a year and a half and never had a problem with it. Initial install and setup was maybe 10 minutes and I never had to mess with it again. Great product, and as far as I can tell it does everything the speedohealer can do for $40 less..

I have the same gearing...I know the OP asked about buying equipment to recalculate, but since it's so close to 10%, it's easy to do in your head in an instant, and it becomes second nature in no time:

40mph=roughly 44 mph, 50mph=roughly 55mph...

...100mph=hang on for dear life...:BLAA:

I've had mine for a year and a half and never had a problem with it. Initial install and setup was maybe 10 minutes and I never had to mess with it again. Great product, and as far as I can tell it does everything the speedohealer can do for $40 less..

Thanks...I think I'm going to order one.

Back