Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind your geometry will change and steering will be different. Maybe some lower peg will help you feel more comfortable?

Here's a link. Yamaha FZ6 :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
is that geometry and steering difference really a bad thing? or just a different thing?

I don't have the experience to address good or bad but I know it will feel different and I'm imagining there will be a quicker turn in on turns.

fenderfreek

Reaction score
Visit site
Unless it's extreme, raising an inch or so is generally a "good" improvement. Mostly a personal preference thing, but it does enhance turn in at the expense of stability. Some track riders will use longer shocks to get an extra inch or two up on the tail, particularly on less aggressive bikes like the SV. I am sure the FZ would benefit in the same way, but the front end ergo's don't lend itself as much to that kind of setup.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
If you talk to spencer at Flash Intro Page i bet he can lift your seat an inch or two for you as long as the cover still wraps around. I got mine lowered and i love it, its perfect for my short legs :rockon:

The one thing the Spencer WON'T do is raise a seat. He gave me a little more room by moving the hump slightly backwards, but he won't raise a seat.