05 FZ6 w/FZ1 Bar Questions

Rhodar

Reaction score
Visit site
So i am going to order my FZ16 kit this week along with some FZ1 bars and i really want to get some kind of bar end mirrors, do i need to find a bar end weight that will accommodate a mirror to replace the stock one or what other options do i have?

I am looking at this style of mirror:
MOTORCYCLE BAR END REAR SIDE MIRROR 7/8'' FOR YAMAHA X1 | eBay

$(KGrHqIOKm8E5I-CrzR8BOhDMdIU1!~~60_12.JPG

I have FZ1 bars with the stock FZ6 bar ends. When I put the bars on, I moved the controls inboard enough to expose the narrow channel of the bar end. That's where I clamped the bar end mirrors. I'll look to see if I have a pic.

Joe

So i am going to order my FZ16 kit this week along with some FZ1 bars and i really want to get some kind of bar end mirrors, do i need to find a bar end weight that will accommodate a mirror to replace the stock one or what other options do i have?

I am looking at this style of mirror:
MOTORCYCLE BAR END REAR SIDE MIRROR 7/8'' FOR YAMAHA X1 | eBay

$(KGrHqIOKm8E5I-CrzR8BOhDMdIU1!~~60_12.JPG

I went with CRG hindsight bar end mirrors. The grip on my clutch side came out 1/4 over the stock bar end. So I clamped my bar end onto the space between the end of the handlebar and the weight, then trimmed the grip a little bit.

I lost about 1/4" off that grip but I wasn't crazy about the mounts and mirrors that came with the headlight kit.

IMAG0356.jpg

Back