05/04/2013 -NJ Mendham to Clinton Loop

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
... Need to take this thread off my subscription to avoid the pain of seeing it flow w/ good info all the time :(.

P.S. Welcome back from the motherland, Erci.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Why cant you go?

I have that ARC class 5/5, need to be fresh for a 2 hr ride up at 5am, and 5/4 is my [close] cuz's birthday/bbq during the day, and finally, if I am away riding for almost 95% of the weekend, I wont see my family and may come home to a changed door lock :BLAA:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And we're all looking forward to seeing some pictures!!! :BLAA:

Y'all ride safe & have fun....and think of us who can't ride this weekend :(

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a great day!!! Perfect weather, good roads and great company! :thumbup:

87554433.jpg

72944691.jpg

90795322.jpg

18997966.jpg

68271043.jpg

75847547.jpg

18531357.jpg

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Video I put together. Not sure about the music, I may revise it later.
I left the engine sounds in the last few seconds of the video.

FZ6 Ride 2013-05-04 - YouTube

UPDATED: new video uploaded with fixed aspect ratio

Last edited:

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Why am i just seeing this now? Would have loved to come out and play. Looks like you guys had a good time keep me in the loop for next time please.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hows the route btw?

Route idea was good, but unfortunately Tim uses the same Garmin GPS / software as I do.. which means you're lucky to make it to the first point of planned trip following the intended line. Nevermind connecting the points.. not happening.

Since we were in my "backyard" it was easy to find the good stuff though :thumbup:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Route idea was good, but unfortunately Tim uses the same Garmin GPS / software as I do.. which means you're lucky to make it to the first point of planned trip following the intended line. Nevermind connecting the points.. not happening.

Since we were in my "backyard" it was easy to find the good stuff though :thumbup:

Thanks Eric, I know this issue has been beaten to death, but what company DOES make GPS which you can upload maps to and have it STICK to it? Other than $$$$$ bike GPS's that is...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Eric, I know this issue has been beaten to death, but what company DOES make GPS which you can upload maps to and have it STICK to it? Other than $$$$$ bike GPS's that is...

That's the problem.. I don't think there IS one out there like that. Garmin won't work, period. The moto-specific one uses same software for trip planning, so forget that.

Tim mentioned that his moto-specific TomTom was quite good.

Supposedly google maps work ok, but I've not found a good way to organize "favorites".

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^^ Yeah, that's pretty much it - I have yet to find a GPS that would work smoothly. The issues i had on this ride - sometimes it would not count a waypoint as "visited", and reroute back, sometimes it would work just fine.

I have Garmin 2555 LMT. Previously i had TomTom rider2 which was pretty good, except that once i lost the "shoe" which brings power to the gps, i couldnt buy that part separately, and oh, the power button was not working (that was a common thing in a lot of the units - even the early reviews included that on Cons list). Oh, the second biggest downside to that TomTom was the price, since it was moto-specific and came with bluetooth, which i dont use.