05/04/2013 -NJ Mendham to Clinton Loop

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody interested in checking this out?

Mendham to Clinton Loop | New Jersey Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

Thinking to head there early and start in Basking Ridge, NJ around 9:30 am. Playing by ear, maybe go elsewhere after this loop.

UPDATE:

Meeting time 9:30 am, heading out by 9:45 am
Place: Olde Mill Inn parking lot at 225 US 202, Basking Ridge, NJ ( 40.731007,-74.540005 )
Alternative Meet in case there is an issue with #1: 134 US 202, Basking Ridge, NJ ( 40.724883, -74.54770)

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As soon as I read this I realized I had looked at that route on the site before. It looks like a good ride, so as of now I'm in:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I'm feeling ok (got a cold) and am back home by then (in Russia now), I'll join you.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, how about meeting here:

40.731017, -74.541024

Parking lot of Sandra John Interiors, Inc. at 9:30 am.

Alternative location (if there is an issue with the first)
40.724883, -74.54770

Looking forward to it!:rockon:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Got so excited about this post... until I saw the date - The map looks great, and relatively close to NYC... assuming it'll go awesome, I request a encore in advance!!! :thumbup:

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
there are some great, scenic roads in the area. at this point, i'm a maybe. will have to see as the day nears.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im a sailor, L and L's I do better with anyhow. Looking fwd to seeing you and the bike again:thumbup: The last time was riding by you as you roasted with your camera in you 1pc suit:BLAA: for the vid. Im gonna have to head out from here at the aZZ crack of dawn. Lets PM numbers incase of delays.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im a sailor, L and L's I do better with anyhow. Looking fwd to seeing you and the bike again:thumbup: The last time was riding by you as you roasted with your camera in you 1pc suit:BLAA: for the vid. Im gonna have to head out from here at the aZZ crack of dawn. Lets PM numbers incase of delays.

I just looked up where you are riding from. this is what you call love for motorcycling!:D

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just looked up where you are riding from. this is what you call love for motorcycling!:D

LOL! Yeah, I like to ride a little. Hopefully Eric can go so I can meet up with him on the way. I didn't check the distance yet, but it looks like it's about an hour past his house.
Is the meeting spot 374 N. Maple Basking ridge? If so, it's only 134 miles...piece of cake:)

Last edited:

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to come to this, but I have a BBQ in the afternoon to go to and a birthday party after that.

How long do you think the loop will take? I might be able to join for part of it and then split off.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to come to this, but I have a BBQ in the afternoon to go to and a birthday party after that.

How long do you think the loop will take? I might be able to join for part of it and then split off.

If we start at 9:30, it should take about 2 hours, maybe? I'll need to split off around 11:30 - need to "swing by" CT on the way back to NYC.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm back home and I'm in! :D

The meeting spot.. it'll be much better to meet across the street (Bigger lot with easier access: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.7...=us&ei=XsN_UeHVO_Gn4AOdnYCwDA&ved=0CDIQ8gEwAA

motojoe, get to my place by 8:30. It takes 30 minutes to get to there via boring highway, but if we have an hour, we can take the fun way up :D

True that - that place is right off the road and not on the opposite side. I changed the meeting place in the first post

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site