Naked FZ6

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
After reading for days on here and surfing the web for idea's ive decided that my FZ6 must be naked, so in the next month or two my bike will be undergoing its tranformation from faired to naked, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, stay tuned for updates....
Here is the bike in its natural form, i really look forward to what this bike will become.
2hpnn5w.jpg

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck on the transformation! I assume you read all the naked threads on this forum, so the only other advice I would give you is to read this thread SBN FZ6 Naked Clan - Sportbikes.net
It`s another forum, but it includes LOTs of good info :rockon:

You may also want to check the video link in my signature... it includes a few "naked conversion" videos...

Keep us posted and let us know if you have specific problems...

Last edited:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
THX Wavex ive looked over your MODS extensively and must say you ROCKED your FZ6 into a masterpiece any one of us would be proud to own, im also a member at SBN and have read a lot there also, so i hope i have enough info from you and others to get started on this project, one question tho is how do you or others have the speedo assembly attached? and how bright are some of the aftermarket lights on some of the fairings im seeing?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I originally used these: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/7-HANDLEBARS-CLAMP-KIT-Slipstreamer/dp/B000WK8G2C/ref=sr_1_1/102-6734564-9894554?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1192901864&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: 7/8" HANDLEBARS CLAMP KIT - Slipstreamer -: Automotive[/ame]

They will clamp onto your handlebar and make a good mount for your '06 speedo. You`ll have to use rubber grommets (I got mine at Home Depot), washers, and a couple of long screw to make it solid and vibration proof.

After that I got a KOSO speedo, which I mounted directly on the top triple (tapped a couple of holes on the front side of it), using the KOSO original bracket (which I had to chop a little)... If you want to keep your '06 speedo, the handlebar mount is viable... check out some random pics I had showing my old setup:

View attachment 7060

View attachment 7061

View attachment 7062

View attachment 7066

View attachment 7067

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh yes thats very clean and looks simple and inexpensive to do, that was one of my concerns as to how to mount that assembly THX im sure i'll have some more questions along the way.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on the weather this week if it stays crappy like it is im gonna start removing pieces from the bike this week and get everything cleaned up and ready for the new headlight and fairing, i cant wait!

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
So here is were im at today, got the whole front assembly off the bike in less then 30 min it helps that ive had it off a couple times:rolleyes: now i sit and wait for my new fairing and headlight :beer: it will be worth the wait!!

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
So i had a lil free time at work today, and this is what i came up with for the first speedo mod, im liking it so far, now if my headlight would get here id be good to go.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
So which headlight did you decide to go with?
Anyone know how well these illuminate the road at night? Are there any lights that are especially good at lighting? Sorry for the hijack... :hijack::eek:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
So which headlight did you decide to go with?
Anyone know how well these illuminate the road at night? Are there any lights that are especially good at lighting? Sorry for the hijack... :hijack::eek:

This is the one i decided to go with i still wanted to see at night so i needed some good light output, so here it is with projectors installed. Which headlight are you reffering to?

Last edited:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon: on the speedo bracket...

and the headlight will look sick on the bike... can`t wait to see it :cheer:

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon: on the speedo bracket...

and the headlight will look sick on the bike... can`t wait to see it :cheer:

Thanks man appreciate the kudo's, it was huge toss up on lighting, there are some much more colorful less expensive ones on the market, but i need functionality and beings that i leave for work at 5:00am i need all the lighting i can get that early in the morning. I'll be sure to post pics of the progress.

W

wrightme43

Hell yeah, keep us updated man. I am digging the hell out of mine. The feel is very different.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Hell yeah, keep us updated man. I am digging the hell out of mine. The feel is very different.

THX! i feel more at one with the bike since removing the fairing, i can see and feel more of whats going on directly in front of me, not to mention the front end comes up with very lil effort:thumbup: Your bike is something to be proud of also nice job by the way!

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
YES! i finally got my headlight today:rockon:i just got it sitting on the bike and it looks awesome im glad i went with this one, the lights are frickin bright i still see a yellow dot in my vision ( the big yellow one is the sun) :D