Laguna Seca Moto GP Pix

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went to the MotoGP on Sunday! :rockon: Here are the highlights and pics:

- Got to meet and hang out with Wavex. Super cool and fun guy.
- Great weather
- Great, fast racing
- Met Ben Bostrom

Here are some pics:

Bike Parking. Tons of bikes in several parking lots.... ON SITE! We were rocking the minivan so had to take a shuttle 10 miles. :(

2691244443_f8dc77809d_b.jpg

The start of the 125cc race. These guys are fast!

2692127098_29327c1bcc_b.jpg

Remember some of these racers are kids! Like 13 years old!

2692057652_6ab570d063_b.jpg

Nice bike on display inside the Yamaha tent. This is where Wavex's bike would have been.

2692059984_42f263f6e0_b.jpg

Me with my best friend Ben.

2692061980_7769633943_b.jpg

Last edited:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Moto GP race, turn 4

2691287553_f0d2f2fb3e_b.jpg

Moto GP post-race burnout

2692097948_994e111f21_b.jpg

The scary downhill corkscrew. Looks even more intimidating in person.

2691289587_4d6fbf6938_b.jpg

AMA Superbike race, turn 2

2692104098_601b48efd6_b.jpg

2691293379_1eb4edebbb_b.jpg

AMA Superbike race, turn 3

2691295675_7a1f6d95f8_b.jpg

I got some good pics but not as many as at Sears Point. I know Wavex got some good pics; he got into the paddock. :thumbup:

Overall it was a glorious time. What's not to love about good company, good food, and seeing Rossi and Stoner race?

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics, I was watching the Rossi/Stoner battle on TV and freaking out, must have been even crazier live.

INDY anyone??

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know, Laguna Seca is a great track. It is world famous and I hope to do a track day there soon. The thing is that it's not the most spectator friendly place. It is flat and spread out and hard to see more than one or two turns no matter where you are. Take this for instance: Wavex and his stepdad were sitting between turns 1 and 2 and I was with some other friends between turns 4 and 5 for the MotoGP race. I took a picture of where Wavex was to give an idea of how big this place is:

2693102360_1519a21a19_b.jpg

There is a lot more of the track to the right of this picture that you can't see from where I was. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing like being there to see just how fast these guys go and to hear and smell the sounds and smells of racing but I didn't get to see a whole lot of the actual action racing-wise.

I love Laguna Seca and always have a blasty blast when I go but you probably had a much better vantage point watching it on TV. I wish I had remembered to TiVo it :(:(:(

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Here are some of my pics...

Highlights
1) Met Kevin Schwans (sp?)
2) Met owner of Ducati
3) Got access INSIDE the Red Bull Rookies Paddock tent and touched the bikes!
4) the race was epic

CHEMIKER: I must have been no more than 100ft from you! I was under the only red tent on hill 1!

WAVEX: I probably walked right in front of you at some point!

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome pics Travis! I finally found that thread lol

It was awesome to meet you guys as well, and thank you so much again for picking us up at the airport... the trip from San Jose to the track and back could not have been better! Next time I see you, it`ll have to be for a group ride!

The race was just unbelievable... I agree with Travis that the track is not very spectator friendly, but overall I was very happy with what we got to see... we were indeed on top of the hair pin turn (a little more to the left, compared to the arrow on your pic :D), and managed to see a lot of the action between Rossi and Stoner in the first few laps... amazing stuff!

About mid-way through the race we moved down to turn 4, where you could get up close to the track... again, I was very impressed with the sound and speed of these machines... crazy! the speed these guys carry through turns is bluffing!

I have quite a lot of cool pics, but have not had the time to get to them yet... i`ll post them ASAP!

Here is just one I managed to grab quickly (yes, paddock passes are awesome hehe):

2688498436_9f05a8d478_b.jpg

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok - first of all MarinaFazer was that your red screened in tent on the hill looking out at turns 1-5?

If so, I was sat directly behind you on Saturday for the Qualifying round.

The race was incredible and I think it was made even more exciting by watching all of the practice sessions and really thinking that Stoner would just run away with it.

We watched the race from the grandstands between turns 4 and 5.

The burnout pic that was posted was Toseland - he did that almost directly in front of us.

As for the paddock passes - they are well worth it. I managed to get my free Yamaha visor (they were handing them out) signed by Toseland, Edwards and Rossi! Also got the paddock pass signed by Mladin and the ticket signed by Nicky

If anyone is interested check out the write up on MotoGPMatters.com the photos on the site were taken by Scott Jones, one of the friends that I went to the race with

Last edited: