Best riding pants?

hansfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, thank you for all the help last time on my question. If you could please let me know about some good riding pants. Now what I am looking for is something that would let air through, won't make my b***s sweat and still give me knee and hips protection. I live in NJ so the summers get hot! I'm thinking textile, I think leather would be too hot, or not? Thank you for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear my joe rocket ballistic 2.0 textile pants year round. That being said, I sweat through my pants at 75 degrees. You may want to invest in mesh, or a textile with a removable liner.

D

Deleted member 2349

I have a pair of Firstgear HT Air 2.0 mesh pants with removeable rain/cold weather liner. They are considered Overpants but I had to go a couple sizes bigger to get a comfortable fit over jean shorts. The padding in knees/hips are best summed up as impact protection, I don't think they are hard enought to help in a slide. They do make replacement pads that I am contemplating.

I also have a pair of Shift lodown reinforced jeans. No pads but comfy none the less.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got me a pair of REV'IT jacket and pants, it's textile and comes with a removable waterproof liner for those rainy days or just in case you find yourself in one. It's on the expensive side, but I bought it on sale at a local BMW Motosport store in Metuchen when they were selling their old stuff to make room for merchandise. I used it during the winter, the liner held up pretty well during the cold season with a little help from my thermal liner. This season I removed the liner and it gets plenty of air through it. Sorry I can't remember the model but it has "ES" on the jacket and pants.... Engineered Skin. Remember I got it on sale.

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
i wear olympia airglide 2 pants, in the Power Ranger silver color (i call it light grey). they are cordura in the seat and knees, and mesh at the thighs and shins. CE knee armor, foam hip armor, and a zip out liner.

they are my first pair of overpants, and im pleased with them.

Gigot2000

L'Bon Dieu Amen
Reaction score
Visit site
Have a Joe Rocket Alter Ego pair of pants. Use it for a 17000km trip across Canada last summer. This pair is good for cold (as an overpant as low at least as -3 Celsius on highway) and (when rolling) for hot weather (around 30Celsius, stripping it of everything). But didn't trusted them for the hard rainy parts. My skin didn't like the unbreathable part of the waterproof membrane. I actually bought another breathable/waterproof membrane to put over it. I'm tall (around 6'2") which is the second problem. The knee protection is around 2" above my knees which feels kinda strange. Would actually, and surprisingly, recommend it for an all around, (after all, it was my usual pants for 25 days!) but wouldn't trust them for hours of heavy rain (I saw a young fellow in Blue River BC completely soak with it and saw my first and only Hyosung too!).
I'm considering now a pair of Ultimate Pants from Rev'it. BlueMonday, is your pair looks like the Ultimate pant from Rev'it? I'm about to buy them but need some hints about them.