New Beamer left me for dead

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BMW HP2 Sport - webBikeWorld

I was going to work this am and I saw this rather exotic BMW filtering in front of me. It looks reall sweet, the power delivery from it seemed brutal.
I was following in medium traffic in third gear. Every break in traffic the guy nailed it and left me for dead, I could see the front come off the floor in the first two gears.
I dropped down to second and kept my revs up and was able to catch up.
The rider then started to make progress in no passing zones and passing on the wrong side of central reservations. I backed off at this point because clearly the guy wanted to meet God before me.
Fortunately he made a poor judgment call and got stuck behind a lorry (semi). I just cruised past lol.
We both hit a clear round a bout togeather and I gave the FZ6 the berries, he was in front on excelleration but was bouncing all over the place. I managed to just keep it tidy and go round him on the inside.

THats not the point to "what I learnt today though". That new beamer is one quick accelerating bike.
However, I am still the proud owner of a 2005 FZ6 that can still hold it own.

Nelly

W

wrightme43

Gave it the berries ehy govner? LOL BMW bikes are cool, the problem is most of bmw riders here are a bit stuck up.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you happen to notice if it was the boxer engine or the I-4 that they have? the boxer feels very strange to ride. When you rev a bit the thing feels like it wants to throw itself on the ground to one side...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is one sharp looking scooter. I really like the R1200S too. The K bikes don't do anything for me, too long.

Neil did it look even better in the flesh?

Great story! I love it!

J

jsteinb95

Great story Nelly.

Nice lookin bike. I like it, but it is screaming for an FE kit! :thumbup:

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
HP2 has the boxter motor. The dual sport model is a screamin demon on open ground. THough it doesn't like the technical stuff at all. I would be afraid of tearing the motor up with sticking out the sides like it does. Lots of torque though.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you happen to notice if it was the boxer engine or the I-4 that they have? the boxer feels very strange to ride. When you rev a bit the thing feels like it wants to throw itself on the ground to one side...
Yes it was a boxer engine, thats how I recognised it from the back.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is one sharp looking scooter. I really like the R1200S too. The K bikes don't do anything for me, too long.

Neil did it look even better in the flesh?

Great story! I love it!
It did look very nice, I do think the cylinders sticking out the side spoil it though. I guess thats what makes it a beamer though.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It did look very nice, I do think the cylinders sticking out the side spoil it though. I guess thats what makes it a beamer though.

That's funny, that's what I like are the cylinders sticking out. It's unique.

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
The Missus and me did a Hopp Rider training day at Cadwell a few years ago, a few of the instructors were on R1200GS's and they were really making them shift, easily keeping up with the 'fast' boys on Blades and whatnot while looking back over their shoulders watching the people they were training! It's not what you've got, it's how you use it.

Last edited:

Rich

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of us just like big jugs. Even if they stick out to the side. :D

149768014_gFs2T-L.jpg