Which is the best Sport - Touring Tyre right now?

Which Tyre is the best Sports/Touring Tyre for an FZ6?

• Pirelli Angel ST

Votes: 34 10.4%
  • Pirelli Diaclo Rosso

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2CT

Votes: 106 32.5%
  • Bridgestone BT-023

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • Bridgestone BT-016

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Bridgestone BT-021

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • Conti Road Attack 2

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Avon Storm 2 Ultra

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • Metzeler Roadtec Z6

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Dunlop Sportsmax Roadsmart

Votes: 34 10.4%
  • Shinko Raven

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Michelin Pilot road 3

Votes: 45 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, there is some pretty decent choice out there for Sports-Touring Tyres...and i mean, Tyres that give you the life of a full touting hoop, but when you get over on it's side, gives you decent grip in the Twisties...It must also give great grip in both wet & dry riding conditions IMHO.

Whilst doing a bit of research on Sports-Touring Tyres, and reading a million reviews, i was wondering what everyone else thought re which tyres offer the best compromise between grip, both wet & dry, feel, and tyre life...

I suppose the ability to cope with a heavy bike also comes into consideration as well.

And are radial Tyres better than cross ply Tyres, etc...

So i have compiled a list of Sports Touring tyres that fit the FZ6, and was hoping people could pick what they think is best, either from experience, or references from others...

also, some comment on why you reckon a certain tyre is best.

:thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ive put a number of miles on my pirelli angel ST's.. I absolutly love them.. great road feeling when im slabbing it on the highway.. great grip in the twisties.. i dont ride much in the rain, but they seem to work good.. i tend to slow WAAAYYYY down in wet weather, but the tires worked for me...

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I''m on my second set of PR2's and very happy with them (I ride in most weathers), but I'm hearing good things about the BT-23's

ClarkFZ6

Reaction score
www.sdmf.com
Maxxis do a great touring tyre that lasts - rear did me 6000 miles, front lasted 12000. Mainly motorway miles. I'm on my third set now.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You don't have a Qualifier RR choice...lol.:BLAA: I've never seen a tire last as long as the one on the front of your orange beastie. And it's a track tire so it must be sticky...lol. That's a scarey tire mate:confused:.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't you guys know how to spell TIRES. :BLAA: Where did the Y come from? Just giving you all a bad time. I am ready to get new rubber and this pole will help chose the ones for me. Thanks

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't you guys know how to spell TIRES. :BLAA: Where did the Y come from? Just giving you all a bad time. I am ready to get new rubber and this pole will help chose the ones for me. Thanks
Just remember that we get rain a lot, so the leader in the poll, pilot road ct2, are not really the best for us.

What is the best tire for both dry and wet?

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
the new dunlop sportsmart fared very well when compared to michelin pilot pure and bridgestone bt 016. the news was published on bike mag of may 2010. in the wet it had better grip than both tyres above, the test mule was an r1.

i personally sport metzeler raceteck k3 on my fazer. they do fine for me, though rear is starting to square a bit but nothing serous after 3000 km. its simply me who aint up to standard to test the limits of the tyres

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks so much for posting this poll! (It will be interesting to see what we come up with)
I would personally would have to lean away from Dunlops as I had bad experiences with them in the past on another bike. (They may be a great tire now)
Sadly I cannot participate as I am still on factory tires. (I will not vote something "the best" just because that is what I currently have ; )

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, great answers so far...exept for Wavex (Smartarse...but funny! :spank:)Lol!

I Love Michelinm Pilot Road 2CT's....and contrary to another post, i think they are brilliant in the wet....but i have never really toured on anthing else, other than Dunlop Qualifier RR's....which i toured on because they were still on my bike from using them as a track tyre, and hating them...maybe cause they caused me to highside (yes it was the tyre, not me!), and you know what....they work as a touring tyre...weird! As Mikey says, i have a front RR that just wont go bald! And i ride properly!

So no more Dunlop's for me....I am Particularly interested in the Metzeler Z8....heard brilliant things about them...

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't say enough about the Pirelli Angel STs :thumbup: Great sports touring tyre. Excellent grip & so far ive done 10,000km & they have plenty of life left in them.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't say enough about the Pirelli Angel STs :thumbup: Great sports touring tyre. Excellent grip & so far ive done 10,000km & they have plenty of life left in them.

Am starting to hear great things about these tyres....just a bit put off by the silly marketing campaign!

Try find something bad about them , like I said mate... I will never buy another tyre :thumbup:

I said the same thing about the Michelin Pilot Road 2CT's....and they are still at the top of my sensible list....but i like to try new things, and these, and the Pirelli's are both near the top of "that" list right now....

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
I was also put off by all the silly marketing stuff. Including the disappearing angel.
I had to scratch a away at the surface to find out more about them when we were being saturated with all the other crap.

I did an article on them on RATS. I can cut & paste it then PM if you like? Its a bit dated though & doesn't include as many tyres as you have in your poll. Article is on the front page :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was also put off by all the silly marketing stuff. Including the disappearing angel.
I had to scratch a away at the surface to find out more about them when we were being saturated with all the other crap.

I did an article on them on RATS. I can cut & paste it then PM if you like? Its a bit dated though & doesn't include as many tyres as you have in your poll. Article is on the front page :thumbup:

I dont think any harm is going to be done to post that link....please do...

Especially as i tried joining that site....silly security question!

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think any harm is going to be done to post that link....please do...

Especially as i tried joining that site....silly security question!

Try joining again. You know the answer.
We had an influx of offshore scammers trying to join a while ago & had to beef up security to sort the wheat from the chaff :thumbup:

Sports Touring Tyres