Novice Trackdays

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Can anyone recommend a good trackday for complete novices? I'd like to try it, but I don't want to get out on a track where I'm just in everyone else's way. I'm not worried about crashing myself, but causing someone else to crash from my inexperience.

I have a couple of buddies who might be interested as well.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Almost every track day i have heard of is broken into groups for this very reason, 1 group is for the newbies, 2nd group is for the faster guys, and the 3rd group is for the should be racers.

Typically they have different rules for passing and instructors that make them perfectly fine for novices to the track. the groups are also typically cycled through in time increments. Example:

Novice group: 20 mins

then

Advanced group: 20 mins

Then

Expert group: 20 mins

that way there is 40 mins between session and you have a little time to drink some water, eat something, and rest (beleive me you will need to rest).

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure how it works accross the pond but over here you would be absolutely fine...the track day organizations would great you w/ open arms.

Maybe JONAC can help you out w/ specifics.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate,

UK Track days are the same format as in the states with the 3 x 20 minute sessions for novice/intermediate/advanced riders.

Don't be afraid of causing others any harm as they will give you a bright bib to wear to indicate that either you are a novice or new to that particular track. People really do give you plenty of room and it's totally at your pace in the novice group.

I did mine last summer through focused events:

Focused Events: Motorcycle, Trackday, Race tracks, Motorcycle Events, Bike Trackdays, off roading, Motorcycle racing, french green lanes, european trackdays, hire bikes

I cannot praise them enough !! :)

Let me know if you book one ... If I'm off work I'll try and make it !! there is nothing like the buzz of a track day lol ... Forget your road riding cos the track is where all the fun is had :thumbup:

One way traffic and no tractors !!! :rockon:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I purchased my FZ6 it came with a free voucher for track day. I did not get a chance to redeem my voucher since I felt I would have been riding only for a few months and the track day was scheduled late last year. Could not give to anyone else since it had my name on it.

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
I am also thinking about going for a track day, but am looking at doing off road first since I think it will be more beneficial for riding in the traffic jungle that is central london.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good trackday for complete novices? I'd like to try it, but I don't want to get out on a track where I'm just in everyone else's way. I'm not worried about crashing myself, but causing someone else to crash from my inexperience.

I have a couple of buddies who might be interested as well.
Also very interested mate, I would defo try to make it.

Neil