got my new exhaust

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
so i ordered some leo vince TI and they arrived after one week. the only problem is i cant install it myself cause i dont know how/ want to mess up my bike. how much would it cost for a dealer to install it?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
It will cost whatever the dealer charges you. ;)
Your best bet would be to contact a dealer who is willing to install the Leo's, and get a WRITTEN quote from them for the installation cost.
Remember, the only profit that they are going to make on this job is the labour and the compulsory "shop supplies", so they'll want to get as much out of it as they can to make it worth their while.
Find out what their Retail Door Rate (hourly labour charge) is first. I'd guess that they'll probably want at least 3.0 hrs labour + shop supplies + taxes + a set of brake pads (if you're not paying attentionl :thumbup:) . Just a WAG based on my experience as a Service Manager. :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
whatever it is might be worth your time to go slow and figure it out along the way. I would always try and be careful not to break anything and then if i get stuck then i would pay someone to do it.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
whatever it is might be worth your time to go slow and figure it out along the way. I would always try and be careful not to break anything and then if i get stuck then i would pay someone to do it.

+1

You care more about your bike than the stealership does! I trust myself more than the snot-nosed punk they'd give such an easy job to. We can help you figure it all out if you want....it's just nutz and bolts.

If you go with the shop, they will probably charge you $60 to $100/hour depending on your location and they will probably charge you for 1 to 2 hours.

EDIT - you're in Chicago....~$85/hour depending on the shop. Or.....I can help you put it together...I just ripped my exhaust off last night as prep for installing a new rear shock and swingarm.

EDIT - you should check out chicagolandsportbikes.com if you have not already...I bet if you posted this up there you'd have 20 people offering to do it for you.
________
MyPuzzyStoryxxx live

Last edited:

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
true, i really dont like the guys at my dealership. theyre straight up A$$ holes. and i told myself that i dont want them working on my bike. but theese leos are SICK. and i cant stop looking at them. im just gonna read the instructions and some of the threads here a hundred times. thanks

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
true, i really dont like the guys at my dealership. theyre straight up A$$ holes. and i told myself that i dont want them working on my bike. but theese leos are SICK. and i cant stop looking at them. im just gonna read the instructions and some of the threads here a hundred times. thanks

Here, i'll help...

Penguin: hey, defy, you are close by (in the same city as me) do you think you would be able to help out? I could offer beer or something...

Defy: Most likely, i have time ____________ lets get together and put those bad boys on, skip the beer though and we can head out for a ride after.

Penguin: Sounds Great, see you then. You are awesome Defy...

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site

also if you dont feel that mechanically inclined. download (if you already haven't) the service manual and you can see pictures of what you will have to remove, then if you still feel unable then take it to the stealership, or have a local forum friend (like defy said) help.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Here, i'll help...

Penguin: hey, defy, you are close by (in the same city as me) do you think you would be able to help out? I could offer beer or something...

Defy: Most likely, i have time ____________ lets get together and put those bad boys on, skip the beer though and we can head out for a ride after.

Penguin: Sounds Great, see you then. You are awesome Defy...

Nice to see some team work goin on guys. penguins gunna be real chuffed when he gets the bad boys on.

ps.dont forget some pics :thumbup:

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
definitely pics, im not too sure how close i am to defy as i am in the suburbs but as far the beer goes, he'll have to buy cause im not legally allowed to consume, but im down.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
post some step by step pics of the work involved and of course the after shots. That would be spectacular especially for those of us who are on the fence about putting aftermarket exhaust. I like both the Leo's and 2Bros.:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
post some step by step pics of the work involved and of course the after shots. That would be spectacular especially for those of us who are on the fence about putting aftermarket exhaust. I like both the Leo's and 2Bros.:thumbup:
+1, good luck with the install. Nice to see some guys meeting up.