Pirelli Angel ST now in the USA

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
ordered up the new Pirelli Angel ST from motorcycle-superstore.com today. I just finished up a set of Pirelli Diablo Stradas that I really liked. The Angel is replacing them in Pirelli's line up. They sold me the Angels for cheaper than the Stradas. Now all I need is a nice fall to get some riding in on these....

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
ordered up the new Pirelli Angel ST from motorcycle-superstore.com today. I just finished up a set of Pirelli Diablo Stradas that I really liked. The Angel is replacing them in Pirelli's line up. They sold me the Angels for cheaper than the Stradas. Now all I need is a nice fall to get some riding in on these....

WOOT a strada replacement....nooo...my favorite tire thus far. Please let us all know how the tires are. I told my self to only go with stradas but now that they being replaced, I hope they are as good or better than stradas. Definitely let us know the difference. I am strada fan all the way so I and all of us need to know...HEHE...Thanks....:spank:

P

panneer80

On March 15th, fifteen international journalists along with twelve of Pirelli's own testing staff set the FIM-certified 24-hour World Duration Record aboard a 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa fitted with Pirelli's new Angel ST, covering a distance of 5135.071 km (3190.8 mi) at an average speed of 213.96 km/h (132.9 mph), a real-world mileage equivalent of 12,000 km (7,500 mi) at normal speeds of 80-100 km/h (50-65 mph). Each participant to the record setting rode for duration of half of an hour (20 min + technical time) during the 24-hour period, making it quite a memorable celebration of the new Angel ST.

Available in various markets since January 2009, Angel ST is the first motorcycle tyre with a double soul, demonstrated by initial light tread impressions of an Angel, which after around 1000km pass to reveal the permanent tread grooves of a Demon, representing at the same time the double soul of the product - reliable and sporty. This double soul matches the alternate desires of Sport Tourers, who demand product guaranteeing security and reliability, but do not want to sacrifice the thrill of the curve and the emotion of acceleration.
======================
sustanon deca
hotels in bali

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Soooooooooo.

Can anyone who has had the Pirelli Angel ST's on their bike for a while give us a report on grip levels & tyre wear?

Ive currently got Metzler M3 Sportecs on my FZ6 & im happy with the tyres apart from the need to replace them.

Ive read a fair bit about the Angels & am thinking this will be my next tyre.

Im not interested in the Angel/Demon advertising blurb. I just wanna know if they stick & if they last.

If anyone has them I would love to hear from you before I part with my cash.

Last edited:

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
I got them on my Buell only 400 miles so far I like them.

Have you used Pirelli Diablo Stradas? Are you able to compare? I'll also be finishing a set of Stradas fairly soon and would like to hear from anyone who can compare them.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on a review after some miles on them, and a comparison with the Stradas.

We're asking a lot, I know, but you'd have the admiration of maybe like, 6 people!? It'd be TOTALLY worth it. Thanks!

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll toss my undying gratitude in as well. So that makes what, 7? :) I am on my second set of Stradas, first on the FZ, and I really don't have any complaints. I am sad to see them replaced. :-\

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry...No strada's here... The only basis of comparison I could make against the angel's are the $hitmax's that come standard... I'll let you know when I have them on...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry...No strada's here... The only basis of comparison I could make against the angel's are the $hitmax's that come standard... I'll let you know when I have them on...

When you say $hitmax are you talking about the Dunlops? Because I have the Sportmax as an OEM tire on a new 09 R1 and so far I don't like them at all!
I think I'm going with what I do now as a tire that sticks and what worked good on the Fz6 were BT-016's

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A review in Rider magazine said the Angel pattern wears off the tread after about 400 miles then they turn into the Diablo tire. They also said the dual compoud is a good deal. The center is harder for longer tire life and the shoulders are softer for cornering traction. I like this idea, I might get these tires for myself.

The review was actually in last months Cycle World magazine, sorry.

Last edited: