Daytona 200 tire changes?

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
So after watching the race, I have been trying to figure out the are getting the wheels off and on the bikes so quick. Every sportbike I have delt with, the calipers have to be removed from the forks before the wheel will come off. That, and the same goes for the rear. They arent touching the chain or caliper in the rear at all.

Anyone have any detail pics or links where this information can be found. Its driving me nuts.

-bryan

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
and not only that but some times you would have to compress the caliper to even get it back on the rotor (at least that easily)

hmmmm now you got me wondering too.......

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup that looks like that would do it. Now as for the fronts? I am wondering if they have the rotors bolted on with a larger offset along with a wider mounting bracket for th lower fork tubes. Just to get the calipers out from the wheels some?

-bryan

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, as long as you don't use the brakes while the wheel is off, and you have a good pad retainer system, you can remove/reinstall the wheel without removing calipers.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, as long as you don't use the brakes while the wheel is off, and you have a good pad retainer system, you can remove/reinstall the wheel without removing calipers.

why would you use the brakes while the wheel is off? seems like a good way to shoot the piston all the way out if the pad isn't in the way. I was just saying that the pads are only as open and the rotor is thick so sometimes you have to spread them apart to get the rotor back between them easier.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
why would you use the brakes while the wheel is off? seems like a good way to shoot the piston all the way out if the pad isn't in the way. I was just saying that the pads are only as open and the rotor is thick so sometimes you have to spread them apart to get the rotor back between them easier.

Right. But I can imagine someone accidently grabbing or bumping the brake lever