I need stuff

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since my bike has now had its first service i took it out for a "spirited" ride today and noticed im in need of a few items

1) power commander and/or less restrictive air filter

I love my new exhausts ..they look good and sound down right terrifying :eek:
but ive lost power,mid range is improved... BUT the last 1.5 rpm just fades away,i put the DB killers in and it revvs hard to the limiter .gotta get it on a dyno!!

2) Helmet

My current helmet is a Marushin X-Moto from when i had my motard,its a fullface,fullvisor helemet which originally had a moto-x peak,i removed the peak but it just cant cope with the air flow the FZ6 generates

3) Leathers

Filled with confidence today i was seriously leaning into the corners..i could easilly get my knee down if i wasnt wearing jeans (i scuffed my right boot a couple of times on roundabouts)

Before the saftey brigade start hatin', i dont wear jeans by choice..im 6'7" and got a 36 inseam and here lies the problem..i just cant find leathers that will fit,i only need pants/trousers as im happy with my jacket ,but i searched everywhere to no avail

This is basically me thinking out loud , the PC and helmet will come when funds permit but if anyone got a link to shops that supply motorcycle gear for long legged freaks like me let me know :thumbup:

Last edited:

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
This is basically me thinking out loud , the PC and helmet will come when funds permit but if anyone got a link to shops that supply motorcycle gear for long legged freaks like me let me know :thumbup:

Get a two-piece leather suit made to measure. Expensive, but it'll fit like nothing else, you can have it designed to your taste and it will stand you in good stead for years (unless you put on weight lol) including some trackdays where you can get your knee down to your heart's content. I know of these two:
BKS LEATHER
Crowtree Leather

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It appears that made to order is the only way to go..i am supprised at the lack of clothing around when you consider the waist sizes that are available off the shelf

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are tall and lean forget it for off the shelf leathers. At your height custom is the only way to go.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Gilo,

I am a short ar5e lol and have trouble getting trouser lengths that fit me to.
I do feel sorry for you though. At least I can purchase off the peg clothing and have it altered.

What is your waist size?

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site