Heading to the mountains next week

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
On Wed myself and about 6 buddies will head to North Georgia. We will base out of Dahlonega and play for 3 full days of riding--- hitting roads in Georgia Tennessee North & South Carolina.

We will ride the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles) and the Cherahola(sp) Skyway.

One change is we are not trailering the 400+ miles up --- I was wanting to ride but did not want to do it alone.

should still be a 900 mile + 3 days of riding

getting excited..... I now have nearly 1,000 miles on the bike so looking forward to some higher rpms and twisties

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like fun, be careful! That'll be a butt-burner!
I took the twisties up on Trapper's Loop again Friday, but the road is starting to get covered with fallen leaves and starts making me nervous; as I said in another thread it snowed most of today so I guess I won't be going up that way too much more this year.
I imagine north Georgia looks gorgeous right about now. :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

On the Cherohala when you see the word SLO spray painted on the road, seriously slow down. There are just a couple of sneaky turns that just get tighter and tighter and then get stupid tight. It is awesome.

It was in the mid 50s down at the bottom and at the top the first time I went it was in the thirties. You will love it. It is the coolest road. I think its better than the dragon. You can see a whole more, nobody in your lane, and much much faster. Wooo!!
I hope you have a blast.