how to tell a helmet size?

playbygolf

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. I have Scorpion EXO 700 and it doesn't fit the same as it did in the store. I ordered a medium and all the pads have those markings, but the inside of the shell on the foam has an "S" on it. Does that mean it's actually a size small and that's why it doesn't fit right? Or is it because the exo700 model name is different from the one I tried on? Thanks!

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion has 3 size shells
Small shell is for XS,S,M sizes
Large shell is for L, XL sizes
XXL shell is for XXL size

I have (2) EXO400 Large helmets (Octane, Tribal) and they do not fit the same. I think it depends on how many times they were tried on in the store and how new the padding is.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Hey all. I have Scorpion EXO 700 and it doesn't fit the same as it did in the store. I ordered a medium and all the pads have those markings, but the inside of the shell on the foam has an "S" on it. Does that mean it's actually a size small and that's why it doesn't fit right? Or is it because the exo700 model name is different from the one I tried on? Thanks!

Perhaps the one you tried on, had been in the shop so long that is was "broken in" ...; meaning the pads were already compressed like they were supposed to be ...

playbygolf

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the helmet awhile, over 6 months. I'm just wondering if it was possible that the "Medium" I tried on in the store was the "Large Shell" with Medium sized padding? Is that possible?

It digs into the front of my skull after about 45 minutes of riding, but isn't too noticeable in the beginning. Also, does any have any experiences with shaving down some of the foam in the front to get rid of this annoying spot in the helmet to make it fit better? Maybe dremel a thin layer away in the area it's squeezing? I feel it's just so close to the perfect fit I could "customize" ;) it.

Last edited:

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site

Had same problems with the same helmet. You really know about helmet after few rides, not in the store. In store they all look great and feel good.
I solved my problem by ordering thinner pads. It costs some 15 bucks and makes helmet comfortable.
Where I really got disappointed is wind noise that increases to almost unbearable above 50-60 mph (90 kmh). Engine is loud thing, but I don't hear it at those speeds because wind noise is stronger. Anyway, that's my only helmet so i can't tell that it is necessarily the Scorpion's fault. Bottom line, I am looking for (much) quieter helmet.