New helmet - Can you see me now???

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've wanted one of these since they were first introduced, but since I nearly refuse to pay retail for anything, I just never got one. Then MotorcycleGear.com put them on closeout for $129, so I pulled the trigger!

Scorpion EXO-700 NEON

cec2af30.jpg

de92b10a.jpg

56a484ce.jpg

This will primarily be used as my commuting helmet, as I've already got a couple of other high-end helmets (X-11 and Arai RX-7). I've also got another EXO-700 that I rarely wear (because of the other high-end helmets), but that meant that I already knew how great Scorpion helmets are.

My job entails doing some work that requires us to be out in traffic, so when I initially saw this paint scheme, it reminded me of our safety vests. It's even brighter than those! LOL.

If you want to be seen, this is definitely the way to go. Especially at that price! :thumbup:

*edit* One thing I failed to mention. For those of you that have had Scorpion helmets in the past, you know of the overpowering "chocolate smell" that permeates the inside of them out of the box. This helmet doesn't have that smell (a welcome development). While I love chocolate, that smell could get awful sometimes.

Last edited:

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I love motorcyclegear.com. My brother got me hooked on them when they used to be called NewEnough, great people to deal with.

I just got a new helmet too! Not quite as bright though.

Spider 007

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the exact same Helmet and I love it! :thumbup:

I was really impressed with the color too. It really sticks out in traffic and makes the Hi-Viz vest look dull. I think a buddy I ride with described it best: "It's one shade shy of glowing!"

I use it mostly for night riding and when it's cloudy or rainy...

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I love motorcyclegear.com. My brother got me hooked on them when they used to be called NewEnough, great people to deal with.

I just got a new helmet too! Not quite as bright though.

Oh yeah, I've been buying from them for years. I was actually disappointed when they changed the name from New Enough, though I understood the reasoning behind it. "New Enough", while it sounds weird when you first find them (and makes them sound like a second-hand store), just has a quaint ring to it. But, that's why they changed the name...so they didn't sound like a second-hand store.

Love those guys! :thumbup:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one... paid $209 when I got it 2 years ago... Love the helmet, but after just 2 seasons, the neon paint is seriously fading from the sun...

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one... paid $209 when I got it 2 years ago... Love the helmet, but after just 2 seasons, the neon paint is seriously fading from the sun...

Canadian, yeah that's something I read in some reviews before purchasing it. One guy on ADVrider had been hanging his on the same side of his bike all summer while at work and he posted pictures of how one side of the helmet was bright neon while the other side had faded to a pale neon.

It seems some fading is unstoppable with the neon yellow-green color. Our vests and jackets here at work need to be replaced every year or two because they fade so badly. I don't know much about pigments, but I've read where some people say that color is more susceptible to fading than other colors (as is red...ever notice how red fabric fades to pink eventually?)

I'm just going to make sure that the only time the helmet sees the sun is when it's on my head. I don't usually hang my helmet on my bike anyway. But thanks for the reminder! :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to turn down the brightness on my monitor! LOL! :BLAA:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bloody hell!

That's bright - cagers probably STILL won't see you. They'll be blinded by the neon light coming towards them :rof:

:D

Spider 007

Reaction score
Visit site
It seems some fading is unstoppable with the neon yellow-green color. Our vests and jackets here at work need to be replaced every year or two because they fade so badly. I don't know much about pigments, but I've read where some people say that color is more susceptible to fading than other colors

UV light is what causes the paint to fade, and since the early 90's they got around that by adding UV protection in the clear coats they put on top of anything and everything that gets painted. The trouble with the Hi-Viz colors is that they use the UV rays to create that blinding brightness, so they can't coat them with a UV protective clear coat... so they still suffer from sunlight and it will cause them to fade over time. That's also one of the reasons why I use mine only when the sun isn't out in full force...