Icon Field Armor and HELD gloves

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Icon Field Armor Vest :: New Enough, LTD

Excellent field armor! Great finish, highly adjustable, very comfy! My back is now protected and I recommend everybody get a back protector!

Held Thrux Motorcycle Gloves :: New Enough, LTD

Cali_Rider recommended the brand HELD for gloves, and since I needed some gauntlet gloves for the track, I bought a pair of these... went on a quick ride yesterday and they are great! Adjustable in 2 areas, great finish, great feel!

Plus they used kangaroo leather... can`t beat that lol

Oh and finally, just for those who don`t already know: newenough.com rocks!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't know that the field armor was $100! Me likes. Do you think it will be uncomfortable for summer riding on not?

Nope, I think it will be perfect! It has mesh frabic and I can`t imagine it creating heat issues.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice....I'll keep it in mind as an upgrade. I currently own a Knox back protector but I was looking for something that has some chest protection too. If it's easy to get on and off & is not too hot for summer, this is my next piece of gear :rockon:

EDIT:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdNDwusB7Cg"]YouTube - ICON Field Armor Vest review from Sportbiketrackgear.com[/ame]

Last edited:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice choice.
I have Icon Field Armor Boots and Held Thrux gloves in black.
Boots might be a little on a bulky side but awesome protection tho. As for the gloves, nothing but the best. You can feel everything in these gloves.
Held is a top manufacturer of gloves, so anything you get from them is top knotch...:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i loved my HELD gloves when i had them, so soft, so comfy, AND a windshield wiper built in...

top notch gloves IMO.

I will look into the armor too, i need to pick some up for my track days, borrowing is a pain...

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dont you think that back protector is kind of flimsy wavex?

i looked at it but ended up getting a Knox one (shown below)

the one i got is extremely thick but is VERY reassuring.

but anything is better than nothing. and you get SQUAT in jackets themselves, you get like a piece of paper in there i swear.

mine:

knox_stowaway_350p.jpg

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
dont you think that back protector is kind of flimsy wavex?

i looked at it but ended up getting a Knox one (shown below)

the one i got is extremely thick but is VERY reassuring.

but anything is better than nothing. and you get SQUAT in jackets themselves, you get like a piece of paper in there i swear.

mine:

knox_stowaway_350p.jpg

The Icon is articulated, but each plate is made of hardened plastic which does not feel flimsy at all :) It actually feels like you could hit my back with a baseball bat and I'd be fine :rockon:

The Knox looks good too though...