Tire Question...

FUseaKU

Rebellion Is Imminent
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
I am what most people would call a poor person, and now that you all know that, let's talk tires.

I need a new back tire for sure, and possibly a new one up front too. My question is, where and/or who sells tires for the FZ6 for cheap, but at the same time I don't want to buy crappy death tires.

So basically, I want something cheap, but not something of horrible quality.

Any suggestions? I just need to be pointed in the right direction since this is my first bike and all.

Thanks in advance! :rockon:

-Derek

FUseaKU

Rebellion Is Imminent
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
There are several threads on this subject, many are recent. Search and read through them for information.

Thank you... although I am slightly retarded when it comes to using the search and usually end up with nothing.

I was unable to find the information I was looking for... just hoping someone with prior experience could help me out or at least point me in the right direction... I very new to all this and have no idea where to start.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day mate. I don't know much about your neck of the woods...or mine really for that matter:spank:...lol....but I've noticed that tires of similar quality from different manufacturers are similarly priced. About the only difference is in type of tire, ie. sport, tourer or multi compound etc. If you use your bike to commute and the tires flattens out then I would definitely go for a multi compound as it will last longer and not flatten out as quickly so even if you pay a tad more for it it will save you money. Hope this helps.:thumbup:
Cheers
Mike

FUseaKU

Rebellion Is Imminent
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
G'day mate. I don't know much about your neck of the woods...or mine really for that matter:spank:...lol....but I've noticed that tires of similar quality from different manufacturers are similarly priced. About the only difference is in type of tire, ie. sport, tourer or multi compound etc. If you use your bike to commute and the tires flattens out then I would definitely go for a multi compound as it will last longer and not flatten out as quickly so even if you pay a tad more for it it will save you money. Hope this helps.:thumbup:
Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike, that does help... I am just a normal around town kind of driver. Not looking to take it on the track or anything.

Do you have a Cycle Gear nearby? If so pay them a visit, they've got a great selection and service. :thumbup:

Cycle Gear - Motorcycle Apparel, Parts and Accessories

Actually yes, there is a Cycle Gear here in town... I will definitely go up there and check the tire deals there... that's the same place I bought my helmet and gloves.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I"d recommend the Michelin Pilot Roads. The Road 2s are still too expensive. Don't get the Maxxis sport/touring tires, even though they're cheaper. I hated them on my Katana, and they wore fast! The Road is the best bang for your buck IMO, and Cycle Gear has them priced pretty decently.

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I would recommend the Metzler RoadTech Z6s. Based on the type of riding you say you are doing you will want a multi-compound tire that will give you good life. My bike is a commuter bike and I average 10,000 to 16,000 miles for a set of tires. I have taken these tires to the track and the performed well, I also regularly ride the twisties with them and I have never had any problems. I don't think you will have too many turns in Florida (just teasing you) so you will get plenty of miles from them.

rent-a-reaper

captain caveman!
Reaction score
Visit site
i had the dunlop d208 stock tire...it was ok....then i went with a tire by a company called shinko....that tire wasn't bad at all for the price...i think it was 150 mounted and balanced...but right now i'm running qualifiers they seem to be a pretty good price/quality ratio for us po folk :rockon: