• Scorpion exo-1000

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • Akuma specter

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I need help deciding on what helmet to get. I have just a cheap bell sprint right now. I guess it serves its purpose but you should have something you like if you are going to be wearing it all the time. I am putting a vote poll on this one but feedback on either on of these helmets would be very helpfull. Here are the links for both helmets the scorpion exo-1000 of the akuma specter.Scorpion Sports © 2007 or Akuma Helmets Official Website Thanks for the help on this but I just cant seem to decide.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try them both on before you buy one. One's shape may be offensive to your head.

If you want a surprisingly good quality helmet on the cheap, check out the new G-Max street helmet. I got one for $100 shipped to my door and I think I like it better than my HJC CL-SP, which was considerably more $$.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Try them both on before you buy one

I can't imagine buying a helmet from a catalogue, website or magazine. When shopping for a helmet, I went to different stores, tried a buttload of helmets on, and then bought the only one that really fit me. I have a Schubert S1, and couldn't wish for a better helmet.

rent-a-reaper

captain caveman!
Reaction score
Visit site
I was goin to go with KBC for a new helmet because they are inexpensive as well as well constructed. I do agree with whoever said "try them on first" though. No use in owning a pretty helmet if it hurts your ears. :thumbup:

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Based on the two you are looking at I would choose the Scorpion. Mainly based on price ($80 cheaper) and the fact that it has the built in flip visor. Though I like the Akuma style. (Matt black is a nice look.) My biggest complaint with my Shoei RF1000 (Matt Black) is that I have to change visors for day and night riding, with the Scorpion you don't need two visors.

Again, though this is superficial. As mentioned above, you really need to check the fit first because they can be very different between manufacturers. I tried on a Arai first and for the same size it was way too narrow for my face, but the Shoei fit great. So you really should try them on first before you buy.

Also, make sure it is Snell rated. Snell is more stringent than DOT standards. But any helmet is better than none.

FWIW.

Good Luck,

Lewis

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted the AKUMA because THAT particular helmet can be fitted with a new CRAZY visor called the AEGIS SHIELD. It's an expensive one, but MAN does that thing deflect bullets or something???

Besides...I know a way to get a discount...

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, i'm not a fan of the exo-1000...tried one on and just didn't impress me for the price, plus the air thing is kinda weird. However, I do have an exo-700 and its a great helmet and it didn't break the wallet too much.

Red Scorpion

Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion EXO 700, feels great, not too heavy, Scorpion jacket, deuce pants, Knox Aegis #8 back protector with integral chest protector, Scorpion Leather Armor Gloves, Herman Survivor boots(black of course) from Walmart.

Last edited:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I have a Shoei Multitec and a Shoei RF-1000, they are both confortable and some how quiet, the RF won't fog as much as the Multitec but the Multitec is way better just because is a flip up and you can open it and wear glasses when is hot and you won't feel that you are sofocating.
I have not own any other helmets but I heard that Scorpion makes really good ones.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard a lot of bad comments from EXO-1000 owners.

I'd get the Shoei RF-1000 myself. This is the best helmet I've ever had!