What to buy?

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
haha yeah what has the FZ1 got ? 150hp? I know the Z1000 is a 10second bike but the FZ1 feels faster so it got me wondering how fast the FZ1 is high 9's ??

But the Shiver I think looks awesome :) Can you add ABS to the naked model Wolfman ?

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it from your old FZ6? If so, i will buy it! Sight unseen! Just let me know a fair price, and it will save me a lot of trouble, even if i sell this FZ6, i can use it on the other one! Been meaning to get one for ages...

:thumbup:

Yeah mate its off my Fizzer , i'll find out how much postage is & give you a price :thumbup:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for that Hump :) About the same as a new Z1000 :) (Oh make sure you test ride one of them Wolfman if you get a chance, might as well :)

robaho

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, things are starting to get interesting...

This arvo, i went bike shopping again! And now i am even more confused...

I still have not ridden anything, but i have more choices now...as i found a 2003 Honda Blackbird with only 16000km's on the clock...for $9000! I dunno whether this is a good price or not yet...but it leaves me with lots of money to spend on Panniers, etc...

Went to a Honda shop, and they will sell me a 2010 VFR (NEW) for $14000 plus on roads, but with no panniers included...

Sat on it...felt tiny, looks great IMHO! Unlike the ST which feels quite large in comparison! But i still feel that it is a bit underpowered for what i want!

The Blackbird is very appealing....effortless horsepower!

I think i jight be spending a bit of time on bikesales.com.au tonight!

:confused:

I'm thinking that the Honda VFR is going to be my next bike after I wear out the FZ6 (gonna be a few more years).... The new VFR has gotten some pretty good reviews - only negative comments I have heard are that it has been somewhat detuned at lower RPMs.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How to revive an old thread!

One bike you didn't mention Wolfman, is the TDM900. I had a TDM850, and then a TDM900 and LURVE them.

The TDM900 would get 24k/L riding 2 up, with a comfortable 450kms to a tank.

Plenty of power, and as a parallel twin with v-twin timing, had HEAPS of torque and sounded horn with lazer pipes.

No doubt you've already bought something, but Bills Motorcycles in the city has a new 2009 TDM900 they got ready for a guy that pulled out of the sale. (going cheap - see Nick!)

I have looked at it a few times, and almost traded my FZ6 in, but didn't want to have two loans (the remainder of the loan for the FZ6, plus the balance for the TDM900)

I seriously recommend anybody looking for that type of bike have a look - I've had two, and in my opinion, they are one of the most under-appreciated motorcycles.

I did Brisbane to Cairns and back a few times on each and both performed admirably.

Each to his own, and it's not a 'sportsbike', per se, but as a sports tourer, I think the TDM900 performs remarkably.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited: