What to buy?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another Boris hater here..... :D

Also, if parting mods, I'll talk luggage :D

Boris is a neandethal of the worst proportions....if i see one more photo of the tool, wearing that stupid bikey vest thing, and silly face mask, with his "useless" open face helmet...i think i am going to lose it!!! Just this week in AMCN, there is a ridiculous article featuring his goddam ugly bike, and how manly it is....tosser!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolfy, I found the perfect bike for you:

Motus-Motorcycles-MST-01.jpg

Motorcycle upstart Motus Motorcycles continues to press forward with its MST-01 sport-tourer, and has released a video that talks more about the development of their 1645cc gasoline direct-injection V4 motor: the KVM4. Balking at the advice of others not to build their own powerplant, Motus has teamed up with Katech to design an in-house motor for the Motus MST-01.

Based off American muscle car push rod engine design, Motus hopes to tap into the strong hobbiest car culture here in the United States, and offer a motorcycle that gear heads can dive into and wrench on with familiarity.

Also, the expectation is that with the push rod design, there will be a bevy of tuners and aftermarket parts manufacturers who will have the expertise to create and customize the MST-o1 once it’s completed, and in the hands of customers.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
for touring i would go the FJR if $ wasnt a real issue they are raved about by just about everyone that owns them. They tend to scrap bits when pushed hard though like the exhaust and exhaust mounts. they run forever when maintained properly, had one in at work this week it was an 03 and has 120000km on it and runs like a dream with the valves still in spec never been touched!

On another note how about the TDM900?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont like the FJR....just doesnt do it for me...

At this point, i am going to take a FZ1S for a ride on Monday, and that will decide whether i keep the FZ6, or get the FZ1...

And until then, i am not considering anything else, i have confused myself enough already in the last few days.

:eek:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhhh thank goodness on that Wolfman :) Glad you settled on a yamaha and a FZ1 at that :) Also instead of a turbo how about a engine swap then ? Or Big bore conversion ?? haha so many options ;P

Hope you get the FZ1 though :) Also where do you get springs for less than $200 ?? (That is I am assuming they are brand new) Everywhere I have looked they cost alot more than that.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Boris is a neandethal of the worst proportions....if i see one more photo of the tool, wearing that stupid bikey vest thing, and silly face mask, with his "useless" open face helmet...i think i am going to lose it!!! Just this week in AMCN, there is a ridiculous article featuring his goddam ugly bike, and how manly it is....tosser!

Im brave :BLAA: & in a mood :D
bking4.jpg

bkling7.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im brave :BLAA: & in a mood :D
bking4.jpg

bkling7.jpg

he looks reasonably tame in that photo....i have a particular dislike for his tough guy attitude when writing...lets of chest puffing, etc....

The photo's with the open face helmet, goggles, face mask, and that silly biker vest over a perfectly decent set of modern leathers....just wank!

Funnily enough, i do agree with some of the things he says, but then he just loses me, when he starts one of his neandethalic raves!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ummmm who is Boris ?

He is the guy who has an occasional column in Australian Motorcycle News...always deliberatley provocative with his column....likes to have a dig at the establishment, and likes to portray a bit of a bad boy image...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So any more news Wolfman ? Or still deciding on what to do ?

Had a very close look at an Aprillia Shiver GT today....supposedly 95hp, ABS brakes, v-twin, nice looking radial brakes, Decent suspenders, switchable engine maps, decent pillion accomodation, and very sexy looking IMHO.

Going back to take it for a ride sometime this week....but still eeering on keeping the FZ6....

And i still need to take an FZ1 for a ride...

:thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a very close look at an Aprillia Shiver GT today....supposedly 95hp, ABS brakes, v-twin, nice looking radial brakes, Decent suspenders, switchable engine maps, decent pillion accomodation, and very sexy looking IMHO.

Going back to take it for a ride sometime this week....but still eeering on keeping the FZ6....

And i still need to take an FZ1 for a ride...

How do you think Jess will handle 10 days 2 up on the FZ6? I don't reckon I'd handle it for that long. Then again, I haven't ridden on the back of my FZ6....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do you think Jess will handle 10 days 2 up on the FZ6? I don't reckon I'd handle it for that long. Then again, I haven't ridden on the back of my FZ6....

I reckon she will be fine.....I have done many thousands of Kilometres on an FZ6 2UP.....and my pillion has never really had an issue....Will get a big Sheeps wool seat cover before we go....and i guess, we will stop every couple of hours for petrol, etc....so that normally helps with the stiffness, and numb bum....

Jess is tiny, about 50kg's, and is pretty tough! Country Girl!

The FZ6 is pretty decent 2 up....low pillion seat height, generous reach to the pillion pegs, decent grab handle...She will also have a Top box to lean on....i think i am going to invest in a full set of Givi Panniers & top box, for whatever i end up riding...Even if it is the FZ6...so that top box i already have will probably still go...nothing wrong with it, it's just that i will want a full integrated luggage system...not half yamaha, half Givi...I also want a top box, that has lights....and a power outlet....for Jess's Ipod, phone, etc...

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey ! I already suggested the Shiver and you shot me down ! Not enough power etc :( So you do like it ? I think it looks great and has everything you want :) Still no FZ1 though ;P (Or FZ6!)

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Shiver GT has a superb motor, but premium priced. $14,990+orc imo is too much. It hauls though, similar power to my old SV1000 which is impressive.

The mapping isn't quite right yet with the Shivers though, a PCV would be in order. They're snatchy at low revs I found, although not an issue touring. FZ1 kills is out in the open though.

Still, worth a test ride. They all are :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to put a post on here about me still having mine if anybody was interested ??? Mine came from here ------Good Wool Store----- , i'll take some pic's tomorrow & post them if you like :thumbup:

Is it from your old FZ6? If so, i will buy it! Sight unseen! Just let me know a fair price, and it will save me a lot of trouble, even if i sell this FZ6, i can use it on the other one! Been meaning to get one for ages...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey ! I already suggested the Shiver and you shot me down ! Not enough power etc :( So you do like it ? I think it looks great and has everything you want :) Still no FZ1 though ;P (Or FZ6!)

Lol! Yep, that sounds like me....one minute i am not into it, the next minute i am....The Shiver caught my eye properly on Sunday, when i saw it...It would be the most expensive of the 3 options, but it is one sexy looking bike...especially the naked version...which is going for $12999 at the moment...but it doesnt have the ABS brakes....I am going to take the naked version for a ride this thursday, along with the FZ1....

Shiver GT has a superb motor, but premium priced. $14,990+orc imo is too much. It hauls though, similar power to my old SV1000 which is impressive.

The mapping isn't quite right yet with the Shivers though, a PCV would be in order. They're snatchy at low revs I found, although not an issue touring. FZ1 kills is out in the open though.

Still, worth a test ride. They all are :)

As i said above, the naked version, non ABS, is going for $12999...

Front forks are 43mm upside down, with no adjustment. Rear shock is adjustable for spring preload, and rebound damping.

Brakes...front 4 piston radial calipers, 320mm discs, braided lines as standard, Rear, 2400mm discs, single piston caliper, braided lines as standard.

Dry Weight 189kg's. 95hp at 9000rpm, torque 8.25kgm at 7500rpm.

UNDERSEAT EXHAUST! :D

Switchable engine maps - Sport, Touring & Wet.

Dispense with the standard "Car muffler", like on the FZ6, get rid of some bulk, with a set of nice Akropovic titanium pipes, a PCV, a decent tune, and i reckon you might end up just over 180kg's dry, and about 100 - 103hp!

i can live with that!

:D