Hubby went for a ride without me, it was an expensive ride

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
So, he decides to go for a ride with his buddies yesterday. I decide to go to the Triumph dealer and put a deposit on a 2014 Street Triple R. :rockon: I'm keeping my Sprint for touring.

I called in the morning and found out they sold the demo one I test rode a couple of week ago on Friday. They own the Vegas Triumph dealer too, so he says no problem, I have a white one and a graphite one in Vegas. What do you want? I'll go get the graphite one for you free of charge. I show up at the dealer to put my deposit down to make it official. He calls Vegas store, they just sold the graphite one, but have a white one. I don't want white, I want graphite. He's getting the white one for me tomorrow and going to swap out parts to make it a graphite one. I just have to wait for it. Oh, did I mention this ones still in the crate? And for a couple hundred less than he quoted me on the demo. :cheer: I'l post pics as soon as I get it. I've never had a brand new bike. That'll teach the old man to go for a ride without me.:Flip:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I knew as soon as I saw your thread title it was a new bike. Good for you!
Grab the hubby, I'll jump on my KTM and let's meet up on the hill after you have it broke in. About time we rode some local roads and I'd like to see the new machine.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!
A friend of mine has one of those, a 2010 I think. It was white and a hell of a lot of fun to ride!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought from the title that he'd stuffed it down the road, very glad it's a new bike for happy reasons!
Seconded, I was ready to hear some sort of tragedy...

Glad it's was just a financial loss, not a personal or material loss!

Have fun on it...not that I'll need to tell you

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! I'm thinking about buying a STR myself. However, I'm still torn between the STR and the FZ09.

I was looking at the FZ09 too. My only problem is the small gas tank and crap suspension. I test rode the STR and the suspension was smooth and the handling superb. The shifting was amazing. It made my Sprint feel clunky when I got back on it.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Your first new bike.

With bodywork done.

Blah Blah Blah

(Congrats!)

Thanks!! I was kind of reluctant to buy new. I like buying used where someone else has put all the farkles on it, but I guess in this instance I will be able to pick them out myself as I can afford it. First thing is a comfort seat - I think. :thumbup:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I knew as soon as I saw your thread title it was a new bike. Good for you!
Grab the hubby, I'll jump on my KTM and let's meet up on the hill after you have it broke in. About time we rode some local roads and I'd like to see the new machine.

We would love to meet up. So you live near Grass Valley? We ride 49 through Downieville a lot and end up at Bubba's Bagels for lunch in Grass Valley. Before returning home via highway 20 & 80 or back 49 depending on time, etc.

Have you ridden Highway 49 all the way to Oakhurst before? We did it last September, in the rain. UGH!!! It was fabulous though. Past the 120 cut off to Yosemite, it was an amazing road with very little traffic. It was the first time I dragged a peg on a corner. :cheer: I want to ride it again this year.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
We would love to meet up. So you live near Grass Valley? We ride 49 through Downieville a lot and end up at Bubba's Bagels for lunch in Grass Valley. Before returning home via highway 20 & 80 or back 49 depending on time, etc.

Have you ridden Highway 49 all the way to Oakhurst before? We did it last September, in the rain. UGH!!! It was fabulous though. Past the 120 cut off to Yosemite, it was an amazing road with very little traffic. It was the first time I dragged a peg on a corner. :cheer: I want to ride it again this year.

Yep, just over the hill from you. Looks like we may get some weather this weekend but we can meet somewhere between when the weather clears up. I stay rather busy during the spring but can usually get out on a Sat or Sunday.

I can show you some tasty roads on this side of the hill besides 49(it IS fun before tourist season). I use my KTM for the local duty on our wonderful twisty roads.

Stay in touch and let me know when the triumph is broke in. Doug

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at the FZ09 too. My only problem is the small gas tank and crap suspension. I test rode the STR and the suspension was smooth and the handling superb. The shifting was amazing. It made my Sprint feel clunky when I got back on it.

I agree, I test rode both last summer. I felt much more comfortable on the Street Triple R.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Well done Monica, you should give us all negotiation lessons!

Hahahahahahaha Oh, you’re serious.

The saga of my bike continues....
Now, they are having difficulties getting the color I want.

Offered me the demo bike from Vegas store (right color but 400 miles on it). I talked them down some more $$ plus the first service free. Now, I'm waiting for a confirmation of when Triumph is going to ship it to the Reno store for me. ugh!!!!

Gotta wait for pics. It's raining/snowing here this weekend anyway so I can't ride. Soon though..... I hope. They must be getting sick of me showing up. James (the owners son) is still working on getting hubby & me a factory tour in April at the Hinkley factoy when we go to the UK Sounds pretty likely, but not for sure yet. (they don't do public tours anymore. gotta know someone) . I'm looking forward to going to the Ace Cafe in London with navig. :cheer:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, just over the hill from you. Looks like we may get some weather this weekend but we can meet somewhere between when the weather clears up. I stay rather busy during the spring but can usually get out on a Sat or Sunday.

I can show you some tasty roads on this side of the hill besides 49(it IS fun before tourist season). I use my KTM for the local duty on our wonderful twisty roads.

Stay in touch and let me know when the triumph is broke in. Doug

Doug, sounds like a plan. We usually go for day rides over the hill on Saturdays or Sundays so that'll work. Getting pretty good bands of rain here today. They say snow over night, but you never know. We'll get together for a ride soon. We'd like to check out your KTM. Some friends of ours own our local KTM dealer. They give us a good deal on mounting tires on our bikes - not KTM. lol