~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Rode 60 miles today as it was absolutely beautiful for an after-church ride. About 85 degrees and light winds which is rare for Oklahoma. I also toyed with the notion of putting the rim stripe tape on I bought. Just not sure if I'm going to like it or not which is why I just can't bring myself to get started on it. I think I'll like it, but you never know and I have a felling the tape is probably extremely difficult or downright impossible to get off.

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I beat the $h*t outta it fer 'bout 70 mi. in the dirt. (She likez ta play rough!) :rockon:

Mendo_NF_zps4304c6f0.jpg

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Not "today" necessarily, but over the last week or so I've done the following:

Plasti-dipped Heel Plates
Plasti-dipped Radiator Side Covers
Plasti-dipped (and soonafter removed) windscreen. (I liked the look, but my plasti-dip job was horrid)
Installed integrated tail light
And installed red reflective rim tape.
She got a wash too.

Oh yeah, and I put on about 320 miles since friday. :)

This was saturday morning breakfast, after a 30 mile ride:
DyBj4mil.jpg

Last edited:

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Which fender eliminator are you using? Was it hard to install?

I'm using the Two Brothers exhausts, which came with a fender eliminator and rear turn signals.

I think the exhaust and FE kit install only took me about a half hour. But then re-wiring the turn signals and such took quite a while.

I'll upload a closer picture of it tonight.

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I gotz both! :Flip:

FJR fer the street stuff...

Danger.jpg

'N the poor little FZ getz beat, ridden hard, and put away wet 'n muddy. :spank:

Dirt_Bikes.jpg

Butt she can take it! :p

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This was Monday night and a little unexpected.
We all know the Fizz is no torque monster BUT you can coax the nose up should you wish to do such a thing in low gear. What was unexpected was this; I left from a stop making a sharp left hand turn going up a hill. With no one around and no perceivable threats in any direction I opened her up with a smooth roll-on to 13k. I did hammer a quick 1-2 shift and low and behold the nose did more than a subtle bump up. It lifted clean up to the point of going over!
In all the miles I've ridden her this is the first time it came up more than a foot from a 1 -> 2 shift.

IIRC the tank was near empty, I was climbing a hill, the sun was out, and the R's were up there! Pretty sure all of these events have stacked up before! I had to lift to keep her from throwing me off! Here's to a Squidward moment! :rolleyes:

hattu345

Reaction score
Visit site
I got stuck in some mud and in seconds the rear wheel had dug itself down. it took me one hour before I figured out how to get it out of it, laying the bike on its side and filling the hole with some large rocks. Only problem is that all that mud and sand is probably not so good for the chain and stuff...

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I got stuck in some mud and in seconds the rear wheel had dug itself down. it took me one hour before I figured out how to get it out of it, laying the bike on its side and filling the hole with some large rocks. Only problem is that all that mud and sand is probably not so good for the chain and stuff...

Just give it a good washing. Should be fine. :) (and lube the chain really good)

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Which exhaust? And pics?

I think their called Two Screaming Broaaathers! :eek: :eek:
Old exhaust, TT, lights off in 15". Like you said, exhaust, done in minutes but the wiring took a couple hours to make sanitary as I had to extend everything. I'd like to find some heat resistant sheathing to cover the wires and find a better way to mount the cans.

Upon request, grainy w/a bit O flash...
DSC_7303BLUR1_zps56edb1d8.jpg

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Washed the inside of my Brain Bucket!
Ya, 3 years, its due! Hair Shampoo! :thumbup:

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Changed PC3 map to a different one to see if it improves mileage, lowered the gear leaver by a couple of teeth on the splined shaft in hopes to reduce false neutrals going 1-2, I had it lowered already through the bolts.