~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I mounted my new magnetic tank bag on it. I then took it off and went into the office. I plan on placing it back on the bike this afternoon when I leave, and possibly filling my tank with gas. Not quite the spirit of the thread, but hey - I did do that to my bike today.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
(Yesterday) I replaced the air filter and the foam dampers for the plastic part that holds the air filter. A stupid (or heck, maybe he was just enterprising) mouse built a nest in the old filter using the damper material.

Tomorrow I'm insuring her!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
(Yesterday) I replaced the air filter and the foam dampers for the plastic part that holds the air filter. A stupid (or heck, maybe he was just enterprising) mouse built a nest in the old filter using the damper material.

Tomorrow I'm insuring her!

You Reminded me!!! For Christmas I grabbed Tires, Pads, and a Filter. She got the Filter on Tuesday! No Critters were homing or needed removed! Barn Cat to the Rescue! :D

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooh, yes, and tires. :) Dh put new tires on for me, too. Michelin Power... something?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the past couple days I bled the brakes and installed new front brake pads. Long story..short, HUGE improvement!

Last edited:

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally replaced the horseshoe shaped fairing piece which holds the turn signal on my 05'. Fricking brutal......till I came back here and used the search function.....then asked myself why the F*** I unscrewed all those screws when I only had to unscrew a few.......ahhh well.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally replaced the horseshoe shaped fairing piece which holds the turn signal on my 05'. Fricking brutal......till I came back here and used the search function.....then asked myself why the F*** I unscrewed all those screws when I only had to unscrew a few.......ahhh well.

Not sure what you had to replace but 2 at the head set and the wire harness - BAM! Its off! If I ever do a track day, leaving that in the grounds!

At least you got to know her better! :D

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like my bike is fighting me today.

Went to install my Givi V35 rack today, nothing was fitting right, and then I cross threaded the main screw that holds the right side rack on. Ran to the tool store and picked up a tap and die set. Cleaned up the threads. Took everything apart to make sure that main bolt lines up and put everything back together. Great, one thing out of the way

Then decided to tackle the neutral light that stays on all the time. I'm thinking a stuck neutral safety switch. Went looking for it, to discover it's behind the coolant reservoir. No way to get to it without removing the reservoir. I'll tackle that tomorrow or another day, my patience has run out for today.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
today was an oil change, 1st oil change on a bike. If it wasnt for the drain bolt it would have been simple, I had to end up jumping on the wrench to get it to turn. Im assuming the last guy had air tools or brought it into somewhere that over tightend it. Rode it around for 30 min after the change so I assume I did it right :) I used both Mobil 1 oil and filter, pretty pricey at nearly 60 bucks