NorCal/SoCal ride 2011

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ANY holiday weekend is a bad idea. Too much traffic from beginning to end. Hotel and camp sites usually fill up or at a premium.

my .02 pesos

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Vegasrider: I agree (re holiday weekends). If we were to plan for a holiday weekend, it's always best to, if needed, book early so we could get reservations. I wish this planning business could be more scientific (computer database/calendar dates, etc with everybody's possible dates). The week of April 16-23 is good for me, Then, Memorial Day weekend. After that, it's still too early for me (school employee and with the severe budget probs I won't know early about work dates---DARN!). Isn't there computer guru who can input everybody's "available" dates for a big, "epic" group ride like we did last summer? Would be nice if, somehow, there was a computer generated "best time" FZ6 Forum group ride. It was a miracle that we even pulled off that last ride in August 2010.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Lefty for PM'ing me and trying to sort out everybody's "clear" dates for another epic NorCal vs. SoCal shootout-epic event. Summer will be here before we know it! Are there any new FZ6-Forum NorCal riders reading this who might be interested and haven't been contacted?

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I honestly don't see any way to get up north for 3 days this year unless it is anchored to 4th of July or Labor Day weekends. Now, if we want to make a mid-state ride I can do that by leaving LA early on a Friday, riding all day Saturday, some of Sunday and heading home after that. That could happen any weekend with warm weather.

I'm anxious to ride with you guys again, and I have some nice Shad saddlebags just waiting for some fresh air!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I honestly don't see any way to get up north for 3 days this year unless it is anchored to 4th of July or Labor Day weekends. Now, if we want to make a mid-state ride I can do that by leaving LA early on a Friday, riding all day Saturday, some of Sunday and heading home after that. That could happen any weekend with warm weather.

I'm anxious to ride with you guys again, and I have some nice Shad saddlebags just waiting for some fresh air!

Either the mid-state ride or a Labor Day ride sounds like a good plan to me.
:rockon:

But we're still coming down south to ride with you guys too......:BLAA:

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Holidays weekends are not too busy when you're in the middle of no where. Also, camping in national forest is free no matter what the day. But not everyone prefers to camp so I guess that is irrelevant. Hmmmm.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site

Unfortunately, I'm in Europe until July 5 this summer. (Labor Day weekend is nice, though, so are weekends for mid-state ride). And, of course, I want desperately to get in on another weekend ride originating from NorCal riding to SoCal with others that can include Monday and/or Friday tacked on .

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
So Stacy, that means you could be on the road on July 5th in the evening right? :D

I am really looking forward to riding with you bunch of guys again!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the final clearance from the NorCal hooligans and our SoCal hosts from last year for the confirmation of the date we'll be invading SoCal.

Mark your calendars, the 2011 ride will be the weekend of July 16 & 17.

Last year we celebrated Chemiker's birthday weekend this year it'll be mine. This old guy is looking to give you youngsters a run for your money. :Flip::D

Come on summer! :Sport:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the final clearance from the NorCal hooligans and our SoCal hosts from last year for the confirmation of the date we'll be invading SoCal.

Last year we celebrated Chemiker's birthday weekend this year it'll be mine. This old guy is looking to give you youngsters a run for your money. :Flip::D

C'mon down! It'll be here before you know it!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com

Yea, us old pharts will show the way:rockon:

Jerry

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
So Stacy, that means you could be on the road on July 5th in the evening right? :D

I am really looking forward to riding with you bunch of guys again!

Too funny, David! You remember well my quick turnaround last summer. I can't wait. Incidentally, I was in San Diego last weekend and the weather...OMG! Temperature was 80 degree farenheit 2-3 days in a row! I saw people on the beaches, surfboards....OMG! You guys in SoCal have it rough during month of (gulp) January!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Too funny, David! You remember well my quick turnaround last summer. I can't wait. Incidentally, I was in San Diego last weekend and the weather...OMG! Temperature was 80 degree farenheit 2-3 days in a row! I saw people on the beaches, surfboards....OMG! You guys in SoCal have it rough during month of (gulp) January!

WTF!?!?! You were in Sandy Eggo and you didn't PM me?????????

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This upcoming NorCal FZ6 Forum ride down CA to pay visit to our SoCal FZ6 Forum conterparts is fast approaching!

It would be nice if we could fit this stretch (Nacimiento-Fegersson Highway) in on way down or back up:

Nacimiento-Fergusson Road

Nacimiento-Fergusson Road Climb | Tough Ascent

nacimiento-fergusson road - Google Search

I've always wanted to ride that road. It would be great to include it either going down or on our way back. At the very least we should plan a NorCal ride that would include that area. :thumbup:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
WTF!?!?! You were in Sandy Eggo and you didn't PM me?????????
No, I wasn't there (unless you consider internet). But, I WANT TO GO THERE!

Edit: :spank::spank:Oh, oh, I just woke up on this one. "Sandy Eggo"---yeah, I was there in person! "PM you?" I'll do better than that---I'll RIDE WITH YOU (but you gotta show up this time around. Last summer's huge, 14 + CHP, etc., ride everybody was talking about no Motogiro.

Last edited:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: