Winter Rant aka Is winter over yet?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope this makes y'all feel better about your winters....

14.5" on my back deck right now 8:36 am

and it's still snowing

Well its cloudy right now (noon), 71 degree's and I didn't have to dodge one car riding to the post office, bank, then food store... Bike ran great!!!

I did cut the yard two days ago :( Good for a month now... :spank:

ACME_Rocket

Reaction score
Visit site
You all just need a snowmobile for the winter. Unfortionatly this year Buffalo NY this year dose not have enough snow for snowmobiling. We have had just enough to keep roads covered in sand and salt.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its been a warmer than normal winter here too...

Re summer time heat, I figure its like winter up north. When its low 90's mid day, stay in the A/C. Get your stuff done early or after the short, afternoon showers (that does cool things down). I don't have to be outside mid day, so its really not an issue.

If out on the boat, its usually breezy and I'm under the Bimini top (in the shade) with my floppy hat(I DON'T lay out in the sun, way too intense)...

Before re-powering with a Yamaha OB(on the lift):

...and let me guess... The exhaust on the motor is polished to a mirror-like shine! :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
...and let me guess... The exhaust on the motor is polished to a mirror-like shine! :)

Well, yes Tom guess it is, (exhaust comes out the Stainless Steel prop).

The stainless steel thing below that is a custom made Stainless Steel "skeg" guard (keeps the factory aluminum skeg from wearing when running in very shallow water)...:

Of course there's a 150HP, inline, 4 cylinder, 4 stroke YAMAHA the props bolted to!

Its current "garage";

Last edited:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in Colorado Springs, we just finished shoveling, well snow blowing and shoveling, 8" and they say we're not done :)

and Scott....hope you're also enjoying our snow birds! LOL

We had a total of 10 inches of snow at my house by Sunday night. No snowblower here. Shoveled for over an hour. UGH!!!

Did I mention the 1.2 inches of rain Friday night? All the wet made for really icy roads. Fun to go sliding around in my AWD Volvo station wagon. heehee

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Monica, pick up a used enclosed trailer and haul you bikes 90 miles over the hill. You can park it at my place anytime, I rode 200 miles yesterday and 300 last Sunday. You are so close but so far away on two wheels in the winter.[/QUOTE]

We have an enclosed trailer, but we don't like to haul it around in the sand & stuff. Too much rust. But I'll mention your offer to the hubby. Maybe I can talk him into it. Thanks!

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
You all just need a snowmobile for the winter. Unfortionatly this year Buffalo NY this year dose not have enough snow for snowmobiling. We have had just enough to keep roads covered in sand and salt.

No snowmobiles for us. I threw the hubby off the back of one in a corner years back. He hasn't gotten on to the back of a bike I've been riding yet either. I wonder if that's why. lol

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, we had a cold front come thru last night with some rain...

At 6:00A, its 54F, brrrrr.... Its supposed to warm up to 65

We're suppose to hit 60F as our high today. heatwave!! Donner Pass will be open and clear. I'm working on the hubby to trailer the bikes over the hill to a warmer & sand free area. Might see about taking up Red Wazp's offer of parking at his house.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't complain about the weather here in Reno today, the best so far this winter. Too bad it's Super Bowl Sunday. I did ride yesterday, rode a loop around Lake Tahoe in the morning, A bit dicey in some spots, but it was generally fine overall.

20160206_095629_zps5stkky3b.jpg

Last edited: