Leo Vince Install

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Taken my dB killers out! :thumbup:

The sound is fantastic and the bike feels freer/faster/smoother...

The only 'negative' so far is a slight 'hunting' at idle although to be fair, I haven't disconnected the battery again.

Went past a pedestrian today at 165Kph, ~10,000RPM he looked like he'd just been stuck with a cattle prod!

I removed the LeoVince stickers too - looks better now...

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Still afraid to take mine out.:scared:

Not as loud as I thought...

At Idle, my SPL meter didn't actually show any difference (although it sounded deeper to me)...

She screams at high revs tho! ;)

Try it - only takes a minute to get them out... Bike looks better too... :thumbup:

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
Taken my dB killers out! :thumbup:

The sound is fantastic and the bike feels freer/faster/smoother...

The only 'negative' so far is a slight 'hunting' at idle although to be fair, I haven't disconnected the battery again.

Went past a pedestrian today at 165Kph, ~10,000RPM he looked like he'd just been stuck with a cattle prod!

I removed the LeoVince stickers too - looks better now...
Tried mine out a couple of months ago. While I agree it sounds and feels better, it was too loud. I don't think my neighbors would appreciate the wake up call since I leave early to work. :eek:
I'll have to remove my stickers and see how it looks.

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Tried mine out a couple of months ago. While I agree it sounds and feels better, it was too loud. I don't think my neighbors would appreciate the wake up call since I leave early to work. :eek:
I'll have to remove my stickers and see how it looks.

Getting the glue off is a nightmare - I still have some tiny remains on the pipes...

I tried WD40 >>> White Spirit >>> soap >>> the wife's nail polish remover...

None of them proved to be a definitive solution...

I'll post a picture without them if you like...?

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting the glue off is a nightmare - I still have some tiny remains on the pipes...

I tried WD40 >>> White Spirit >>> soap >>> the wife's nail polish remover...

None of them proved to be a definitive solution...

I'll post a picture without them if you like...?
No need for a pic, but thanks. Maybe some Goo Be Gone will work?

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
No need for a pic, but thanks. Maybe some Goo Be Gone will work?

Goo Be Gone? never hear of that! :don'tknow:

I peeled off the stickers with pliers after a ride - the pipes were HOT! I think I'll try again next time I take her out (tomorrow prolly)...

I'll post some pictures tho - I've been sawing bits off the tail tidy today and will have a new numberplate to take advantage of it tomorrow....

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had luck with this product in the past, especially if you let it sit for a minute on the adhesive.

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Leos without stickers as promised...

SDC10644-1.jpg

And my newly hacked tail tidy with new numberplate...

SDC10645.jpg

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, that looks REALLY nice!:thumbup: Looks like the bike was supposed to come that way.

flashgordon

Reaction score
Visit site
Recently fitted a lea vince exhaust, has any one fitted the two discs supplied? and has anyone found with the db killers out the left hand can stays cold, can this be a problem :)
Plus thanks for this thread really helped with the install :rockon:

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
I find that when I start the bike ALL of the exhaust gasses seem to come from the left hand pipe (looking from the rear).

After a spirited ride tho, both pipes are equally as hot and seem to share the gasses...

I omitted the discs and the dB killers....

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
After that, you can remove the whole upper rear assembly. Dis-connect the lighting connector and remove the bolts where the wrenches are shown(six all together).

Having trouble with this part. I took all six bolts off and I believe this screw stops me, on both sides. Pictured below, click for the full version.

Am I missing something here? I hope so, because it's on so tight that when I tried to remove it, it began to strip. :(

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Having trouble with this part. I took all six bolts off and I believe this screw stops me, on both sides. Pictured below, click for the full version.

Am I missing something here? I hope so, because it's on so tight that when I tried to remove it, it began to strip. :(

Thanks for the help.

I had a problem with mine too - I looked to avoid removing them but you can't...

WD40 and a big screwdriver....

xXFazerXx

Reaction score
Visit site
The disk is in addition to the two db silencer pipes that insert into each exhaust can. Leo Vince was thoughtful enough to provide an extra means of quieting down the exhaust if someone wanted to or to perhaps use to pass inspection. This disk will quite it down even further.

Here is the disk in the pipe after the cat delete pipe.

attachment.php

Did everybody get this disk with their Leos? cause I'm pretty sure I didn't. Could be handy from time to time......

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Did everybody get this disk with their Leos? cause I'm pretty sure I didn't. Could be handy from time to time......

I got one, yeah. I didn't even see it until I was cleaning the box out to put the stock exhaust in there, check the box thoroughly.

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that what that roundy thing is for... I couldn't figure it out what it is. I thought it was a bit of scrap metal that was in the bow accidentally.

But now I know what is for :)

bjohn913

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures! I'm hoping to put Leo Vince pipes on this summer on my 08 fz6. Just wondering if there's any modification needed to adjust the fuel/air mixture given the more free flowing exhaust? I've seen a lot of people talking about installing a PCIII or PCV after doing exhaust...is that needed or is it another something extra to complement the exhaust?

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you Jman for this very helpful how-to write up. After carefully studying your pictures and instructions, I was able to install my Leos today with very little hassle.

Thanks! :thumbup: