Leo Vince Install

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know the best place to get a set of 2004 leos? The cheapst I can find is £370 and thats from Italy so will take along time to ship to the UK.
http://bit.ly/11JtKTf

Or anyone selling some used leos ide be interested.

I bought mine from italy, shipping took about 3 or 4 days from what I remember. No import tax because we're in the euro-zone

flip

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick troubleshooting question. I have received my new LeoVince for my Fz6n-s2. Everything looks quite straight forward to assemble. However, I'm not able to atacth the two "collectore" tubes together (colletore dx and centralle in the instructions diagram from here: http://www.leovince.com/files/F17530/DT-8283.pdf).

Did anyone have a similar issue, or has any tip on how to help solving this?

Thanks a lot

SardoNumpspa

Reaction score
Visit site
The disk is in addition to the two db silencer pipes that insert into each exhaust can. Leo Vince was thoughtful enough to provide an extra means of quieting down the exhaust if someone wanted to or to perhaps use to pass inspection. This disk will quite it down even further.

Here is the disk in the pipe after the cat delete pipe.

attachment.php
I installed Leo Vince on my bike yesterday. It worked out pretty well thanks to this thread. I put the disc in the midpipe (right after cat eliminate pipe), and it’s still a good amount louder than stock. It feels like the bike has a little more torque in the midrange too. So I’m happy.

But I have a stupid question: There were two discs in the box. We only use one of them, right?

SardoNumpspa

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just like to thank the op and everyone else who chimed in here... Threw on these pipes yesterday and knew exactly what to expect. Btw, I absolutely love the sound! Running with the disks out, db killers in...

One thing I noticed, however, is that the stock fender looks rather awkward with these pipes.. So I guess I'll be spending more money on a FE kit... Bleh.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Hi there

When you installed the new brackets to the rear part… Here:

fz61.jpg

fz62.jpg

Did you only strap the cables that are running to the tail light and indicators to it? Or did you cover the cables in some way? It's not that easy to see from the pictures, but it looks as if you've only strapped them under the bracket. Can you please confirm?

Thanks.

Sardo

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE:

Just a word of caution regarding leo vince and fender eliminators...

For the last few months, I've been running the Leo's with NO db killers and a cheap ebay FE kit (was purchased too long ago to provide exact link, unfortunately). Yesterday after a spirited ride, I pulled over and noticed that the metal on the FE kit snapped from what I can only assume was vibration. This left my right turn signal dangling against the tire. Luckily, I was able to rig it up well enough to get home. Also luckily, I have a sturdier and more compatible FE kit sitting at home that I've been putting off installing (notice how the current one is tied up to LV bracket). And yes, my plate light also exploded some time ago as a result of a half-assed rigging job.

I think I read something here at some point about cheap FE kits cracking/snapping, so I'm just confirming that it is possible!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have had good luck with Evotech on the FZ6 and FZ1 when I had them. Seems to be made well.

tomasbe

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx Jman for great guide. Just finished installing my sbk evoII and took it for short spin. I left the db killers in which is enough as I've already noticed cars giving you space when approaching from behind. Now it's time for new handle bar as stock one is too high and too close for me.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx Jman for great guide. Just finished installing my sbk evoII and took it for short spin. I left the db killers in which is enough as I've already noticed cars giving you space when approaching from behind. Now it's time for new handle bar as stock one is too high and too close for me.

Cool, glad you like em. Guessing you must be tall going for a further away handle bar.

Thorak

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think you guys are using the five-hole disc correctly.

Consider this; some people report that most of the exhaust gas is expelled from the right muffler, being in line with the pipes and all. People also report that putting the five-hole disc in the cat eliminating pipe seems to dampen the overall noise too much.

Actually it seems really wrong to put something that restrictive in the cat pipe. The five holes make up just 16% of the area of the pipe. Five 9mm holes vs. one 50mm hole. ((3.14*(4.5^2))*5)/(3.14*(25^2))=0.16

My idea:
Put the disc in the right muffler. It will even out the flow between the two mufflers, meaning that more of the noise is absorbed by the otherwise mostly bypassed left muffler. It will not restrict the total gas flow at all since the two mufflers still have a greater surface area than the single 50mm pipe.

Makes sense, no?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think you guys are using the five-hole disc correctly.

Consider this; some people report that most of the exhaust gas is expelled from the right muffler, being in line with the pipes and all. People also report that putting the five-hole disc in the cat eliminating pipe seems to dampen the overall noise too much.

Actually it seems really wrong to put something that restrictive in the cat pipe. The five holes make up just 16% of the area of the pipe. Five 9mm holes vs. one 50mm hole. ((3.14*(4.5^2))*5)/(3.14*(25^2))=0.16

My idea:
Put the disc in the right muffler. It will even out the flow between the two mufflers, meaning that more of the noise is absorbed by the otherwise mostly bypassed left muffler. It will not restrict the total gas flow at all since the two mufflers still have a greater surface area than the single 50mm pipe.

Makes sense, no?

Yes and no...

I don't disagree with your maths, i just don't see the point in needing an even gas flow, the gas will just take the path of least resistance, and if it cannot go through the right muffler anymore it will go through the left one!
To be honest i have never really noticed that much difference between the two sides, even on a cold start on a cold morning you can't really see that much difference between the two.

I think this is a case of trying to fix something that isn't broken...