Leo Vince Install

Sir Choice

Reaction score
Visit site
Jman you said you disconnected the battery to reset the control for the new exhaust flow?

Is this neccesary? Ive installed some Scorps today and i didnt unplug the battery, is this a problem?

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just followed the advice of other posts. It seems to work just fine. Have not put the PCIII on yet as I am ill today. Hoping that harnesses some extra HP. If not, I will get a custom map for my bike.:D

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jman you said you disconnected the battery to reset the control for the new exhaust flow?

Is this neccesary? Ive installed some Scorps today and i didnt unplug the battery, is this a problem?

If you disconnect the battery for about 10 mins, the ECU resets and calibrates itself when you next start the bike. Only on '07 and onwards models, as the earlier models didn't have the oxygen senser.

Do it, it should make it run smoother.

:)

Reaction score
Visit site
i might just have to buy a new exhaust now lol...all these posts have pretty much got me sold on this set...not excited about 500 bucks though! might have to save a little for that one...i'll probably go ahead and get the fe while i'm at it...just still debating on all the different kinds out there!....hey one of you ppl that have that exhaust you should put up a youtube vid and give us the link!!!:Flash:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
.just still debating on all the different kinds out there!....hey one of you ppl that have that exhaust you should put up a youtube vid and give us the link!!!:Flash:

I have put one in here somewhere, but here it is again. (More for the sound, my phone didn't take a very good video).

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv9ozAyegE0"]YouTube - FZ6S - Leo Vince pipes[/ame]

Reaction score
Visit site
wow...that was quick!!! haha thanks for the post man!! and not to sound over ambitious...but i'm really used my exhaust on my zx7r and its pretty loud...is this going to be one of the loudest...it is louder than stock...but still sounds pretty quite from what i'm used to...or at least thats the way it sounds

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow...that was quick!!! haha thanks for the post man!! and not to sound over ambitious...but i'm really used my exhaust on my zx7r and its pretty loud...is this going to be one of the loudest...it is louder than stock...but still sounds pretty quite from what i'm used to...or at least thats the way it sounds

Yeah, it's pretty loud. I was at work the other day, and a mate had his GSXR 1000 there (Arkapovic system) and my Leo's drowned out his bike.

That is also with the dB Killers in, get's even louder when they are removed. Definately heaps louder than stock exhaust.

MarineRider

Semper Fi
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Got a Dumb question, but I went to the Exotic Sportsbike website that they were bought from. Was wondering for a 2008, will it be the same system for the U.S. Normal one as the S2 one? I ask because I only found Pipes for the S2 and wasnt sure if it would fit both.

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a Dumb question, but I went to the Exotic Sportsbike website that they were bought from. Was wondering for a 2008, will it be the same system for the U.S. Normal one as the S2 one? I ask because I only found Pipes for the S2 and wasnt sure if it would fit both.

I have an '08 also and purchased my set of Titaniums from Exotic. According to Leo's website, the part numbers are 7903 (Alum), 7904 (Carbon) & 7905 (titanium).

Yamaha FZ6 Exhaust

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup::rockon::thumbup: Thanks JMan! exellent post

I was planning to order Leo pipes & your installation tips just made that decision a whole lot easier.

Oli-Fz6

Loud pipes save lifes!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Superchimp,

Wait untill you have at least 500 km, this is what my dealer told me... ;-)

cheers mate

darkmancivic

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed them last night and WOW they sound awesome!!! Could not be any happier with the purchase. My wife now wants some for her FZ6 for our anniversary. Thanks again JMAN!

nilesh_b

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I have got my Leo Vince :thumbup:and tried the instructions.
Everything went well till i was about to replace the stock catalytic pipe with leo pipe. But the leo pipe that replaces stock catalytic pipe, came around 2.5 inch shorter. So if i install leo cat-pipe it doesnt reach where i attached it to the clamp - near the break cylinder!

Did anyone face this problem?

At one stage i was going to leave the stock cat pipe and then use leo small link pipe and attach it to the can but was worried that it may not fit properly? -Three possibilities 1) Pipe will stick out too much 2) Under the seat it will not fit properly ( i have roughly tried and it doesnt go well) and 3) I cant attach leo small link pipe with stock cat-pipe through spring and there is no other way to hold them together.

Second option was to fit the whole leo assembly and use a made-up clamp so that: i can attach the leo cat-pipe with the made-up clamp and then attach made-up clamp to near the break cylinder where the stock cat-pipe originally was attached? But again i dont know how the rest of the assembly will fit/alling in place.

What are the solutions?? i am quite annoyed as everyone else seems to have no problem :D ??

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers