You ever have those days when things are going a bit too well...

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered a set of Pilot Road 3 tires from Motorcycle Superstore shipped to Niagara Falls, NY (no shipping to Canada). Great price, and saved a fair bit compared to buying locally, especially with the coupons I got from this forum. Drove over on Thursday evening, picked up the tires and a carton of smokes, had some great wings too.

Told the customs guy at the border about the cigs and the tires, he was nice and didn't charge me any duty or taxes on anything. I'm feeling great at this point, even cheaper than I had expected. Dropped them off with a buddy to mount them yesterday. Go to pick them up, rear tire looks great, front tire however looks like a Road 2 and not a 3. Sure enough it's a Road 2, I'm thinking at this point that they made a mistake and shipped me a 2 by mistake. Check my order , I ordered a PR2 front tire by mistake. Have no clue how I made the mistake, but I did.

I could just leave it as is, but I'm set on running the 3's so I ordered a new PR3 front tire locally and will now sell the PR2 front. Probably a $50-60 difference between the PR3 and what I can likely sell the PR2 for.

So now my big savings that I was getting have pretty much evaporated.

I knew things were going a bit too well :banghead:

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Just throw it up on craigslist locally for a few bucks less than retail and I'm sure someone will jump on a PR2. Hopefully you dont lose too much.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Put it on ADV-Rider - gear section or even a local thread if there is one. Very popular tire for sport touring. A rear would sell a lot quicker, but surely somebody in the Toronto area needs a front PR2 at this time.

Good luck!

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Put it on ADV-Rider.. the gear section or even a local thread if there is one. Very popular tire for sport touring. A rear would sell a lot quicker, but surely somebody in the Toronto area needs a front PR2 at this time.

Good luck!

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
120/70R17? I'm not local, but I am needing one sometime soon! I dunno what it would cost you to ship it to me, though.

Smokes must cost a bloody fortune up there if you're saving money buying them in NY, unless you're buying them on the res!

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
120/70R17? I'm not local, but I am needing one sometime soon! I dunno what it would cost you to ship it to me, though.

Smokes must cost a bloody fortune up there if you're saving money buying them in NY, unless you're buying them on the res!

I have it listed locally, will see if anyone bites. Since you're in the states, order from Motorcycle-Superstore, ridiculously cheap right now.

Smokes average around $10 a pack here for something half decent. At the duty free, an american carton is around $40 or $4 a pack, doesn't get much cheaper than that. I was in Manhattan a month ago though, paid $14 for a pack, my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

I much prefer American cigarettes to Canadian too, I'll only buy a Canadian pack if I'm out of American. Canada uses virginia type tobacco exclusively, where American companies use blended tobacco which gives it a much richer taste.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I have it listed locally, will see if anyone bites. Since you're in the states, order from Motorcycle-Superstore, ridiculously cheap right now.

Smokes average around $10 a pack here for something half decent. At the duty free, an american carton is around $40 or $4 a pack, doesn't get much cheaper than that. I was in Manhattan a month ago though, paid $14 for a pack, my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

I much prefer American cigarettes to Canadian too, I'll only buy a Canadian pack if I'm out of American. Canada uses virginia type tobacco exclusively, where American companies use blended tobacco which gives it a much richer taste.

Both my local stores actually sell tires for the same price as motorcycle superstore. Costs me 6% sales tax, but I get to know when my tires were made before I buy them, and I don't have to wait. Of course, one charges $50 for mounting if you bring just the wheel, the other charges $35, so they make a little extra there!

This duty free sounds nice. MD smokes are pushing $8 a pack already, including the $2 a pack tax, plus 6% sales tax on the whole price, including the tax. :rolleyes: From what I hear, they're planning to add another $2 a pack tax, too. Oh well, almost all of the state is a short drive from another state that has cheaper smokes! :p